Harpoon Brewery - Camp Wannamango - A First Sampling

imageI always enjoy receiving pre-release/pilot batch samples, and one of my favorite breweries to receive them from is Harpoon Brewery.  I also happen to love hoppy fruit-infused pale ales, so today’s delivery was perfect.   Based on our current weather, we can sure use a small slice of summer, so receiving this beer today is making me feel warmer already. 

We brought you a peek at this beer, back in Dec, and I knew when I saw the description that it was right up my pale-ale-alley.

Harpoon Camp Wannamango is a pale ale brewed with mango and based on my first few sips, I’ve already declared it a perfect beach-beer for our summer vacation….but lets sample more.

 


image
The beer pours a dark golden color and it is bright and clear with a nice white head.  The arioma hits me with tropical fruits, mango and a light hop bitterness….but the real payoff is in the flavor.  Camp Wannamango is loaded with mango flavor, a nice hoppy bite and a soft well-balanced malt presence.  It’s clean, bright and crisp and it even finishes with mango flavor.  At 5%-AbV I suspect this beer will be infinitely drinkable and very sessionable for summer…and based on the hop presence, I was surprised at the IBU of only 22.
image
Harpoon Camp Wannamango will be distributed in 12oz cans, bottles and on draft beginning in March and I already can’t wait to try a second bottle.  I’ll follow up with more details and a press release, but when you do get to taste this beer (and you definitely should), be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).