The Bruery - Thai Iced Tea Beer: Delicious or Disgusting?

image
Patrick Rue of The Bruery is posting on Facebook to ask about the possibility of brewing a Thai Iced Tea Beer…this from Patrick:

Looking for a bit of input on a beer. I'm thinking of brewing a pilot batch (93 gallons) of a thai iced tea beer-- is this something you'd want to try? It would be quite sweet with a strong tea flavor, served flat with ice and condensed milk. Delicious or disgusting?  Forgot to mention…it needs to be served with a straw.
.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

1 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Hi Patrick. This is King Gorf of the Brahery.

    http://www.facebook.com/TheBrahery

    I think this sounds like a very interesting concept.

    I just had the same idea myself today (while eating thai food). I googled to see if anyone else had ever tried brewing this, and found your posting.

    My idea is to brew a sweet oatmeal milk stout (but with dehusked roasted grains), and blend the thai iced tea concentrate at bottling.

    Let me know if you go through with this, and how it works out. Also, would be interested in your technique for adding the thai iced tea.

    I'm coming out to the LA area in June. So if you end up brewing this before then, I'd love to sample some.

    Cheers!
    King Gorf

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).