WILK Friday BeerBuzz–20 Jan 2012 Foothills Brewing Sexual Chocolate w/Jamie Bartholomaus

WILKFridayBeerbuzz3We welcome all sorts of guests onto the Friday BeerBuzz…and all have one thing in common…a passion for craft beer…and whether they are CEO’s or master brewers, they all share that passion with our listeners.  Whether it is a large brewery or a small brewery, the passion is always the same….and we love tapping into it.

Today we talked to Jamie Bartholomaus, President & Brewmaster for Foothills Brewing Co in Winston-Salem, NC.  Foothills Brewing is a relatively small brewery that brews 17 different seasonal and year-round beers, BUT only bottles two beers.  Of the two beers Jamie and the crew bottle, one generates more excitement when the bottles are released…and while Foothills Brewing beers are not distributed very far outside the greater Winston-Salem area, their impact is felt all the way into Northeastern PA.

image
We started talking to Jamie back in December, and he was nice enough to join us on the Friday BeerBuzz during the most hectic month of the year at Foothills.  Every year, Jamie releases a special Imperial Stout that people travel from all over the US to get their hands on.  That beer is Sexual Chocolate and the release date is 1/27…NEXT Friday.

This beer is big in a lot of ways.  Big in ABV, big in body, big in flavor and big in excitement.  One of the most traded and sought after beers, Sexual Chocolate is a beer that every beer lover covets, every craft beer enthusiast chases and for those lucky enough to sample it…it’s a brew you’ll never forget.

It was a blast talking to Jamie and sampling with him today, and I can only hope that Jamie’s appearance is just the beginning of Foothills transition into wider distribution, and wider recognition.  A special thank you to Jamie for spending the time with us today during the busiest week of the year for Foothills.  We appreciate the company and we especially appreciate the opportunity to sample Foothills Sexual Chocolate with you.

Thanks

to Jamie Bartholomaus from Foothills Brewing, Nancy, John, & Joe for yet another fun Friday.

The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together.

As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

43 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Wow Wow and WOW! Foothills Sexual Chocolate on the Friday Beer Buzz! You guys are officially the best. I don't normally comment but this is an amazing guest and beer. Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great show guys. I know how rare this beer is. Cheers to Jamie for coming on the best beer show!

    Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about this beer. I'm amazed you guys found it! Thanks Jamie!

    Mark (Moosic)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've driven down to Winston Salem for two years to get this beer. I KNOW how rare Sexual Chocolate is and I applaud you for picking a fantastic beer that isn;t coming out of one of the huge breweries. Your show rocks!

    Jim K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding show. I tuned in from Charlotte NC and we love Foothills Brewing. Thank you for featuring Jamie. (Chris in NC)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tune into every show, and even though I know I can;t easily get this beer, I think it's great that you feature the small brewers. I'll bet Jamie works very hard so I think it was a great interview and I'll bet the beer is amazing. Eric

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers to Sexual Chocolate. Thank you to Jamie. Northeastern PA is ready for Foothills :)

    AAron T

    ReplyDelete
  8. This year is my first sexual chocolate release party trip. I'm heading down next Thursday and I can't wait to try this out. I almost wet myself when I heard who your geust was. My friends and I have been planning this trip for 4 months. Cheers Jamie! We're on our way.

    Ben in Beaumont

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice show buzzers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did a beer trade for Sexual Chocolate and I loved it. I have two or three bottles laying down now in the basement for next winter. Great show and fantastic guest & beer. Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice show guys. Fantastic beer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My wife & I were debating the ride down next week. I just called her and we listened to the show today and we're in. We'll be at the Sexual Chocolate release next week. Cheers to Jamie. Joe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice show! I was amazed. I'm a long time craft bee rlover and this was a huge guest and an amazing beer. Cheers to whoever is booking your guests. Nathan Erie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice job WILK. Jamie deserves the publicicty. Sexual Chocolate is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHOA! Sexual Chocolate is rare. Nice show guys.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have three friends that drive down every year to get this beer. Nice job WILK! This is a great beer and a very small brewery with a huge bottle release. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard the legend of this beer. Am I correct that you can't get it up here in NEPA?
    JT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Correct JT. This is a brewery-only release and the bottles sell out in a day. Very hard to get....but well worth the effort. It's a great beer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You guys amaze me every week. What really amazes me is the number of great craft brewers I've never heard of. My family lives in Winston-Salem so guess what they'll be doing next weekend? Cheers!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice show WILK.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi: I've taste dthis beer at a sampling event a friend of mine did. He drove down to get it himself and it is amazing. I can't believe the great guests and special beers you guys have on the show. Nice Job Bil!

    Warren J

    ReplyDelete
  22. You mad emy morning. I really love this beer. Cheers Jamie!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love dthe music from The Joe Thomas. I don't think Jamie could hear it but what a perfect song. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Outstanding show today. I'll bet this beer is great.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Is this beer worth driving down to NC to get? Thom

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thom...very simply....yes. Lots of people make the ride down to get it. It IS a special beer and the release party is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I go down every year Thom. It's a great party and we love the beer. I think it's even better on draft but the bottles are great. Joe

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Bill>
    I don't know how you did it but this was an amazing who. People don't know how rare this beer is and to have it on our beer show is incredible. Cheers! Steve

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jamie is the hardest working brewery I know. He deserves the acclaim so it was fantastic to hear today. I'm also in Winston-Salem so I tuned in on-line. I'll have to listen more and keep featuring great North Carolina brewers. Scott

    ReplyDelete
  31. Welcome North Carolina. Our beer buzz show is one of the best. WILK gets only the best guests and I can't wait to try Sexual Chocolate. Wayne James

    ReplyDelete
  32. This beer is a testiment to how great our beer buzz show is. Nice job Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You all are the hardest working guys in radio. How do I get your job? Marty

    ReplyDelete
  34. I even love the label!

    First, thank you to Jamie Bartholomaus from Foothill Brewing for being on the show today and for making great beer!

    Excellent job and huge thanks to Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com for making Foothills Brewing 'Sexual Chocolate' happen on the WILK Friday Beer Buzz today!

    The Joe Thomas makes the magic happen from the producers studio each week and videography is handled by Rusty Fellini Fender and as always thanks to them.

    And of course, thanks to you for listening! We appreciate it very much.

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful beer. Get thee to WSNC and get some next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Todays show was probably my favorite of all time. I've visited Foothills and it's a great place. The fod and beer are top notch. Cheers Jamie!

    Mary Ann G

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love this beer!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love seeing Northeastern PA making a long-distance connection to Foohtills and Jamie through beer. It's the universal language and I applaud WILK for choosing this guest. Eric W

    ReplyDelete
  39. If you can find this beer anywhere BUY IT!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello Buzzers!-

    What an honor to have Jamie on the air with us. Thank you Bill from mybeerbuzz.com . He's the man that makes all these amazing guests happen.

    This is a phenomenal beer. I really LOVE it. This is worth the drive to Foothills to get it yourself.

    Thank you Jamie, for sending the beer and coming on the air with us. Thank you buzzers, for your love of beer and passion for the show.

    Have a funky weekend everyone.

    Nancy
    nancy@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks Nancy...this was a banner show for sure. Not only was Jamie Bartholomaus a great guest, but his Sexual Chocolate was fantastic. I agree that it's well worth the drive to get. Today was a long distance "bringing good beers and good people together"...but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).