WILK Friday BeerBuzz–13 Jan 2011 Turkey Hill Brewing w/Jim Hahn & Oran Tansey

WILKFridayBerbuzz15It should be no mystery on the WILK Friday BeerBuzz that we love featuring our local brewers and breweries.  There is nothing quite like having the guys brewing the beer join you so sample some of their great beer, and it’s even better when that brewery is nearby.

We brought you the news of Turkey Hill Brewing Co back in Feb 2011, so today we were very excited to welcome Jim Hahn & Oran Tansey into the studio.  Jim and I have been talking for over a year as Turkey Hill Brewing was being built, and I’m very happy to see all of the hard work that went into Turkey Hill pay off.
image


Last week during the holidays we took a trip down to visit Turkey Hill Brewing for ourselves.  First off I should mention that Turkey Hill Brewing is EASY to get to.  The pub is literally just off the Rt 80 exit in Bloomsburg and right on Rt 487 for those familiar with the University of Bloomsburg.  Next I should mention how simply incredible the new building is.  Housing the bar, brewery & restaurant, (and even outdoor space), the new barn-style structure looks amazing and it’s a wonderful experience just sitting at the bar enjoying a pint.

On our visit, we sampled 10 different beers from an easy drinking Barn Dance Blonde Ale, to the Winter Saison and Fort Wheeler Stronghold Ale…so it was exciting to have Jim & Oran join us to sample some Turkey Hill beers.  I particularly enjoyed the Journeyman IPA, & California Red Head at the pub and I really enjoyed the Winter Saison, Belgian Pale Ale and Fort Wheeler Stronghold Ale today. 

Be sure to experience Turkey Hill Brewing and their wide selection of craft beer for yourself.  The food is fantastic, the building is amazing and of course the beers are great.  Also check out Turkey Hill’s Facebook Page & Website.

Thanks

to Jim Hahn & Oran Tansey from Turkey Hill Brewing Co, Nancy, John & Joe for yet another fun Friday.

The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together. Al always, be sure to

check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

41 comments (click to read or post):

  1. A late start today....I will be moderating after lunch....we have about 40 comments so far so keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've visited Turkey Hill twice and we love the food & beer. It's a great place for a date too.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the Belgian pale ale and it's probably my favorite. Cheers Turkey Hill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up. I love Turkey Hill Barn Blonde. Glad you had them on today.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Oran....Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heading to lunch everyone....more comment posting when I get back. Thank you to Jim Hahn and Oran Tansey for joining us today AND for bringing up three great Turkey Hill Brewing Co beers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta get to Turkey Hill in Bloomsburg. The beers were excellent! Thanks to Jim and Oran for being on the show today!

    It won't be long and we'll have a hundred Friday BeerBuzz episodes under our belts so I can't be sure but is three beers in one show a record? We're givers, aren't we? lol

    Thanks too to Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com and thanks to you for listening!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolytely love when you guys feature local breweries. I didn't even know about Turkey Hill. Believe it or not I just called to make reservations in the B&B for a weekend in Feb for my wife's birthday. We're staying 2 days so I can't wait to try the beer. Cheers to the guys from Turkey Hill. Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great show buzzers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love their California Red Ale. My wife loves the Blonde. Nice show guys. Martin J

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is Turkey Hill available locally?

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  12. For now they are brewery only JT...but Jim did say they were looking toward 750ml bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bloomsburg is becoming quite a beer town. Cheers to you guys for bringing them on the radio. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sampled that Belgian Pale Ale a few weeks ago and really liked it. I had never heard of that style until I went to Turkey Hill.

    Art

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow a coming soon chocolate cherry Porter! That sounds great. Jay

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish Turkey Hill was there when I when to BloomU.

    ReplyDelete
  17. for anyone who has not visited. As Bill said the building alone is amazing. This place was 1st class form the start and it's a great place to share some great craft beer. Cheers Jim Hahn & Oran Tansey. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks you WILK. Every week my husband buys us the beer of the week. He juct called and I agreed. He wants to take me to the Inn at Turkey Hill next weekend for dinner. Now if you can just feature a Fiji or Hawaii Beer I'm on my way. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Chris...we have featured some long-distance beers but I'll work on Fiji. Have fun at Turkey Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How hoppy is a Belgian Pale Ale?

    John

    ReplyDelete
  21. It varys John. Turkey Hill's Belgian Pale had a nice hop presence, but some BPA's are way more subtle and less hoppy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've taste dall three beers you had on today. The Belgian strong is my favorite too. Great minds drink alike. Thom

    ReplyDelete
  23. If they don't bottle yet how did you guys get beer on the show? Dave (yes I'm new to good beer)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jim & Oran were nice enough to bring Growlers (64oz glass containers you can fill off the tap). They DO sell growlers so you CAN take Turkey Hill Brewing beers home....BUT you do need to consume them within a few days..especially once you open them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm anxious to try that chocolate cherry porter Oran mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I tuned in early today. You guys are funny even befor ethe beer buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Does Nancy like these beers too?

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  28. Krista. Yes...she did like todays beers...and while not everyone may love every beer we feature...beer knows no gender.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I guess there is some historical thing that people think women don't like beer but they do. My wife loves Chimay. Eric

    ReplyDelete
  30. My dad helped build Turkey Hill Brewery. He sadi the building is amazing. Cheers from Ann in Bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks Ann. You're lucky to be so close to such a great brewery. The building is amazing and your dad should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  32. My dad loved working on it and he swears my brother was conceived at the Inn on their anniversary! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow...quite a story Ann. So your dad has VERY fond memories of Turkey Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I actually do have a friend who proposed to his wife at the Inn @ Turkey Hill...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anther great local brewery. NEPA is getting to be a beer destination.

    Aj

    ReplyDelete
  36. I was picturing the convenience store Turkey Hill. Boy was I wrong. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hey I love your website. I just started watching back all of the old videos. Very cool stuff. I can't believe I'm just finding you guys. Dave

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks Dave...tell your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great beer, guests and conversation! I vote for a 4 days a week beer buzz! Johnny

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks Johnny...and a big thank you to Jim Hahn & Oran Tansey for not only making the ride up today, but also for bringing in three great Turkey Hill Brewing beers.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).