WILK Friday BeerBuzz–Brian Boak- Boaks Beer Monster Mash & Two Blind Monks (4 Feb 2011)

WILKFridayBeerbuzz4Today we welcomed our special guest Brian Boak, brew-master and founder of Boaks Beer in Pompton Lakes, NJ on to the Friday BeerBuzz.  Brian was in town to celebrate the 3rd Anniversary of Boaks Beer and he was nice enough to bring along some of his special brews for the Friday BeerBuzz team to help him sample.

imageI’ve been a really big fan of Boaks beers for a few years now, and I still remember when we first received Brian’s Monster Mash Russian Imperial Stout as part of a beer-club event.  This is a rich, dark and Chocolaty Imperial Stout with just the right touch of coffee-like backbone….and while the 10% ABV may sneak up on you, there’s no mistaking the 100 IBU.

As an added bonus, Brian Boak will be holding a Meet-The-Brewer night tonight (Feb 4th) from 5-7PM @ Krugel’s Georgetown Deli & Beer on Rt 309 in Wilkes-Barre Twp by the big cow.  I’ll be on hand to help Brian hand out samples so be sure to stop by and say hi and sample some of Brian’s beers.

AND even more Friday BeerBuzz extra content…be sure to tune into the video of today’s show as Karel filmed the exclusive sampling of Iced Monster Mash (eis), and Wooden Beanie barrel-aged dubbel with Madagascar vanilla) special brews from Brian!

Thanks
to  Brian, John, Nancy, & Bosco for yet another fun Friday. 
The Friday Beerbuzz…bringing good beers and good people together
As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday Beerbuzz page by clicking HERE
.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

32 comments (click to read or post):

  1. The Friday BeerBuzz "unplugged", after the show and still underway in my office with Brian Boak, Bill, Nancy and Karel!

    Great beers Brian and another excellent show Bill, thanks!

    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A+ Buzzers. I love Boaks Monster mash! How did you get Brian to make the drive up from NJ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was expecting some lame super-bowl beer show. Instead you bring in a great brewer (actually in the studio) and feature several great beers. Boaks is one of my favorites so it was amazing to hear Brian on the air. Thank you WILK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monster Mash is amazing. leave it to you guys to bring on the brewer of one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. We had a lot of fun with Brian. Be sure to tune into the video on wilknewsradio.com....after the show we kept the video rolling while we sampled Double BW, Wooden Beanie (Dubbel aged in bourbon barrels with Madagascar vanilla) AND Eis-Monster Mash. Amazing stuff! Be sur eot get to Krugel's tonight to try Wooden beanie and many othe rBoaks brews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a regular of the show. I tune in because I love beer and local craft beer. Just about every week now you surprise ME! and I'm a seasoned beer lover. Brian Boak is a great brewer and as amazing as the Friday Beer buzz has been, even I'm amazed at this great guest choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Boaks sample case at home. How did you get Brian!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. We agree that Brian was a great guest and I promise we'll invite him back again. I do want to thank not only Brian, but Chuck & John from Stockertown beverage for helping us get Brian up. Be SURE to stop by Krugel's Georgetown Deli today from 5-7 PM and say hi to Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had wooden beanie at Sudds back in Nov and liked it but I absolutely love Monster Mash!

    Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  10. See you at Krugels tonight! I'll be the crazy girl that loves Boaks beers!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I caught you guys on Xmas Eve and I've tuned in every week after. You make beer presentable and we love you for that.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great guest. Brian Boak is a pioneer in the NJ & PA beer biz. Thanks for coming up to say hi to your fans Brian.

    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone. I'm moderating and posting comments as fast as I can. BUT it's lunch time and I have 20+ yet to moderate. Go check out the video on wilknewsradio.com and I'll post the rest when I get back from lunch ;)

    Thank you all again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What No spill today??

    Come on Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love the show and thank you for not only showing off some great beer, but also helping us find some great places like Georgetown Deli.

    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  16. You guys keep rocking the great beers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A+ show, A+ guest & A+ beer choices Bil.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Friday beer buzz show is by far the best. I tune into anything beer locally, radio, web, FaceBook, anything I can get. Your radio show has no competition, and even including huge national sites, mybeerbuzz.com is the best! Thank you all. I know you all do it for free and we do really appreciate what you do.

    Steve W

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want Spill cam back! But seriously, thank you for the fun extra content in the video.

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  20. You guys are the american idol of beer!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you again. Im not sure how you do it, but great guest after great guest and all great beer choices too. So whats next?

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  22. See you at Krugels!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My beer-friends all lover Boaks. Now I can tell them I tasted Boaks and met Brian Boak. They'll be so jealous :)

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've had the Monster Mash but never heard the story before. Can't wait to meet Brian tonight.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  25. Krugel's Here we come for lunch and for Brian's appearance too.

    Bob R

    ReplyDelete
  26. One of my favorite RIS! Monster Mash is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another fun show today!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Funny stuff and a great choice of beers too. Every time I think you're running out of beers, you hit another homerun! Boaks beer is great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks everyone. I'd agree....a great guest with some great brews to share....AND be sure to join us tonight @ Krugel's to say hi to Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks everyone, another great show and always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  31. See you @ Krugel's!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).