WILK Friday BeerBuzz–Terrapin Reunion Ale 2012 w/Spike Buckowski

WILKFridayBeerbuzz1


We’ve loved many of our Friday BeerBuzz guests and had a great time with each and every one of them, but today’s guest holds a very special place in our pint glasses.  Spike Buckowski joined us back at the very beginning of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz.  We featured Big Hoppy Monster and Spike was one of our very first phone guests on the show.  Naturally the beer was great and Spike was a lot of fun talking beer with.

When Spike release his Side Project #14 (aka Tom Foolery) I knew we had our April Fools Day beer & guest and Spike didn’t let me down.  Of course this unusual Black Saison was delish, and we even convinced Spike to give up some details on the next TWO Side Project beers including Phlux Capacitor (which didn’t hit the beer-media until months later)…but perhaps my favorite part was Spike’s Carmen Elektra massage going on while we did the interview.  wink wink….

With all the great news coming out of Terrapin lately, we decided we were overdue having our pal Spike join us again….and with Terrapin celebrating their 10th Anniversary… today was the perfect day
[image%255B2%255D.png]


It was a lot of fun talking about Spike’s adventure in New Zealand (with Boundary Road Brewing) and even more exciting to get all of the details on the Terrapin brewhouse expansion.  I knew when I saw photos of the new fermentation tanks with a “Coming Soon--More Terrapin Beer” sign on it we were in for good news.

Not surprisingly my favorite part of the show was tasting the Terrapin / Shmaltz Reunion Ale 2012 –”A Beer For Hope” with Spike.  This beer is loaded with flavors and complexities, as well as a hint of vanilla cinnamon & cocoa to balance it out.  This is the 6th Reunion beer to honor Virginia MacLean and benefit the IMBCR so it certainly is a”Beer for Hope.”  We should also note that this is a co-brewed beer with among others our guest from a few weeks back, Jeremy Cowan from Shmaltz Brewing….so it was a perfect fit.

No Spike Buckowski show can end without pumping Spike for details on the next Side Project Beer….and of course Spike does not disappoint…What will Side Project #18 be?? You heard it her first….Terrapin Side Project # 18 will be LIQUID BLISS….a peanut butter chocolate porter (dry-hopped with Georgia peanuts)!  Be sure to watch the video for more details.

Thank you to Spike Buckowski from Terrapin

, Nancy, John & Joe for yet another fun Friday.

The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together.

As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

23 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Spike is a great brewer, a great guest, Reunion Ale 2012 is an outstanding beer and as you know, there's a wonderful reason to get some today.

    Thanks Spike, thanks Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com, and thanks once again to you for listening!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the comment moderation delay....

    A big thank you to Spike Buckowski for joining us for the THIRD TIME on the Friday beerbuzz to sample another great Terrapin Beer....Reunion Ale 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kick ass show once again! Spike rules and I love Hopsecutioner too.

    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I buy Hopsectioner every chance I get. I also really liked last year's Reunion so I'll be all over this one. Great show buzzers.

    RyanW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not as sexy as last week but a great show none the less. Cheers to Spike!

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm anxious to try this year's Terrapin Reunion. I'm not a spicy fan so I wasn't huge on last years. I'll be hitting Krugels today.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Spike's beers! Wake n Bake is my favorite so far but this one sounded good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today was one of my favorite shows for sure. I like Terrapin a lot and I haven't tried this one. After your last show I've been buying every Side Project beer, even a case of #14 so you've really turned me on to some great beers. Thank you WILK and thank you Spike!

    Joe K

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a really cool show. I want to be like Spike!

    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a brother in Atlanta and that Sinclair chocolate is amazing stuff. He brings it back every time. This beer has to be fantastic, so count me in! Eric (Duryea)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just watched the video. I want your jobs and Spike's too. Cheers....Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  12. The credits at the end of the video make me laugh out loud every time. That has to be Webster!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are correct Dan....the ending credits are all Webster!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you WILK. I just went out and watched all three Terrapin shows today. You guys are the best but I also want Spike's job. I'm not sure how you found him but I plan to pick up some samples of Terrapin today after work. I've had Moo Hoo but now I want more. Cheers Spike!

    Jack (WB Twp, PA)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great show guys. You deserve all the awards and more. I look forward to the Friday beer buzz all week and it kicks my weekend off the right way every time. Brad

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cheers buzz crew! I was on the last bus trip and I can't wait for the next one. Details please???

    J

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stay tuned J...

    We're really close on a date and our two breweries also....there WILL be a 2nd Friday BeerBuzz bus trip !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice Show today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The story of Reunion is very touching. Thank you for featuring this beer today. I think all too often people think beer is bad and I think you all prove every week that great things come out of great people.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had Reunion '12 last weekend. Fantastic beer and a nice choice. Cheers Spike!

    Jed

    ReplyDelete
  21. Killer show, killer guest, killer beer. My life is complete! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have to try this one. Who am I kidding, I try all the beers you feature. Tell Mrs beer buzz that I love the Blanche too.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).