Troegs Hershey…Wow! and Scratch # 50!

Troegs13Oct 2011 080


I just spent the afternoon  checking out the Troegs Hershey facility and all I can say is wow!  I can’t tell you how great the new brewery came out and how much you’re going to love it….trust me…you will.  John & Chris were nice enough to invite us down, and Ed, Jason, Nick and so many others from Troegs were great craft-beer hosts (and hostesses)!  This new facility is amazing…from the all-oak bar to the stainless-steel piping…everything is first class (as I would expect).  I have tons of photos to share so stay tuned, but suffice to say…you will LOVE Troegs Hershey….trust me….you will!
Troegs13Oct 2011 032


Yes there’s an amazing tasting area (with a great growler filling station coming soon)….a huge bar, a huge family-style table, an outdoor area, a barrel room (yep they’re full!) and all within view of the 100bbl Braukon production facility and the Braukon 15bbl dedicated Scratch brewing system…
Troegs13Oct 2011 078


Yep…that’s my Scratch # 49 (what a great fresh hop brew) on the new bar with the Scratch brewing system in full view…and yes it’s right there…so you can feel, taste and smell the brewing process in action while you enjoy a beer.
Troegs13Oct 2011 023


There’s a self guided tour (be sure to get a beer first)…and the guys tell me there will be more specialized tours as well…but wait…did I mention SCRTACH # 50….. the 50th Scratch Brew from Troegs….well in fact I did!

Congratulations to Chris Trogner on his upcoming wedding tomorrow (Yep 10/14-Friday!) and the private “reception” to follow on Saturday…where in fine Troegs tradition they will feature a special Scratch beer for members of the wedding party.

Scratch # 50 will be Chris’ wedding beer (congratulations Chris!)…and it will be an Abbey Ale coming in just over 7% ABV.  I’ll leave the details to the happy groom, but I can say without any reservation that the very special 50th Scratch beer….will indeed be special.  Congratulations to the bride & groom & cheers to everyone at Troegs!!

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

2 comments (click to read or post):

  1. I love Troegs! I think it's amazing that they've expanded, and I trust that they'll continue their mission of seeking to make the best beer around. Thanks for the photos, Bil! Not sure how long it'll be till I can get out to T2 for a tour, but it looks like it'll be well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're not quite open to the public yet Justin, but I'd definitely recommend visiting as soon as they do. The new brewery is amazing. Based on Scrtahc # 49...they're well on their way to continuing their mission!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).