WILK Friday BeerBuzz–15 Apr 2011 (Stoudt’s Fat Dog w/ Head Brewer Brett Kintzer)

WILKFridayBerbuzz15
I always enjoy sampling a great beer, but it’s even better to sample a really classic beer with the head brewer himself.  Today we sampled the perfect breakfast beer, Stoudt’s Fat Dog Imperial Oatmeal Stout with head brewer Brett Kintzer.

stoudt's fat dogFat Dog is one of Stoudt’s Big Beer series of brews and this 9% ABV brew did not disappoint.  I call I a breakfast beer ONLY because it is an “oatmeal” stout….from there Brett and the guys hop it up to become a pretty serious and really flavorful Imperial Oatmeal Stout.  This 55IBU stout will sneak up on you with it’s great chocolate and malty backbone, and for a 9% Imperial, you’ll find it to be really drinkable.

StoudtsNeonIt was fun talking to Brett and hearing more about the Brotherly Sudds beer being brewed TODAY @ Stoudt’s.  This beer will be the official beer of Philly Beer Week in June and it features some old-school Schmidt’s Brewery yeast so it should be really interesting to try.  It was also interesting to hear about the Brewery Battle of the Bands event to be held @ Stoudt’s on April 20th.  This is a great fund raiser and a lot of fun so be sure to check it out.

Thanks
to  Brett, Nancy, John, Joe, Jeff Kay Bosco for yet another fun Friday. 
The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together
As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

47 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Great show buzzers. I love Stoudt's and I think they are very underrated in the beer world. Thanks for letting us hear from Brett.

    Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wake up Bocso!

    I'm kidding...very funny music choice.

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stoudt's brews some great beers. Smooth Hoperator is one of my absolute favorites and I've been drinking Fat DOg for 10 years. Thank you Stoudts.

    Chris (Moosic)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I agree. Stoudt's has always had some amazing beer and I think they are a bit underrated in the local craft beer world. Smooth Hoperator is coming out now so watch for it in our local bottle shops and pubs and I too have been enjoying Fat Dog for many moons. My thanks again to Brett Kintzer for joining us on the air this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In case anyone forgets I know why you guys are award winning. You've had lots of great guests, almost every week and the beers you choose are great too. I love the show and my husband and I are regular listeners. We have it so bad now that we call each other right after the show to talk. Thanks guys and Nancy too.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fat Dog Stout is one chocolatey, coffee tastin', oatmealerific, toasty glass of goodness!

    Thanks Bill, thanks to Jeff Kay of the West Virginia Surf Report for joining us, and thanks to Stoudt's brewmaster Brett Kintzer for being on the show!

    Don't ya love Friday?!? lol

    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reminder Amy...we love doing the show and I'm very happy to hear that people are enjoying it.

    A belated thank you to Jeff Kay http://thewvsr.com/

    For joining us on the show today!
    Check out his blog...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The West Virginia Beer report says great job boys.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  9. In case your readers don't now; GO VISIT STOUDTS!

    Adamstown isn't far away and their bake shop and cheese shop are wonderful. Yes the beer is fantastic but it's a great foodie destination too.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time listener and I'm a local beer lover. I cannot believe I haven't found mybeerbuzz and the WILK show prior to today. Can;t wait to hear next wek's show and see what is on your blog too.

    Sue Casey

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Ed Stoudt and Carol Stoudt have done a great job so I was excited to hear Brett on the radio today. Rock on Brett and keep bringing us some more great brews.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any idea where I can get some Stoudts 2X Chocolate Porter?

    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm afraid that's a brewery-only release Marty so don't delay...get theee to Adamstown.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm just starting to discover some stouts so this is perfect timing. I plan to get this one and try it. I really like Sierra Nevada so I can't wait to try this one. Aaron (beaumont)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Was that Fat Albert music?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaron...you should definitely try Fat Dog.

    Anon..yes that was Fat Albert's theme.
    Thanks Bosco!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How can I get a job on the Friday BeerBuzz?
    AJAx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fat Dog is a beer I grew up on. Thanks for bringing us Brett Kintzer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Of course you mean "grew up in the craft beer world" right Anon? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Smooth Hoperator!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fat Dog is perfect for today's weather. I think I should go get me some.

    Arlen from Scranton

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't always agree with your beer choices, but I will admit you get me excited about every one of them. I actually like Fat Dog so it was a pleasant surprise. I'm a supporter of the show and blog and I do plan to send in some beer suggestions if that's OK.

    Paul Meehan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for listening Paul. Please DO send in some beer suggestions (mybeerbuzz@gmail.com)

    I read and try to reply to everything I receive and I absolutely DO take beer suggestions seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brett was really good and Bill knows beer! Keep up the buzz!

    Mills

    ReplyDelete
  25. I had a fat dog last week but I don't mean the beer.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great beer and one everyone should try.

    ReplyDelete
  27. A really good beer this Fat Dog. Tried it last week. Great to hear from Mr Kintzer as well. Go Stoudts!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I live near Adamstown (home of Stoudts) and I go there all the time. Brett was nice enough on one visit to come out and say hi to me and my friends and for that I will always be grateful. Nice to hear him on the radio.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Jason. I agree. Brett was a great guest and I encourage everyone to stop in to SToudt's (Adamstown, PA) and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the Friday Beerbuzz and love Fridays too now because of you guys. Cheers

    Chris S

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on the award guys. You deserve it. Another fun show and delicious beer. Thanks to Brett for visiting NEPA on our favorite beer show.

    Biz

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the show so much I tune in from western PA on-line. I'd love to meet you all someday and share a brew.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks everyone and thanks for tuning in Jean. Hopefully was can say hi over a beer sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great beer show. You are all doing a wonderful thing for the local beer scene. Thank you.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  35. Brett Kintzer was a great guest. Stoudts is underrated in the beer world but still producing some first class brews. I loved their 2x porter.

    Kyle K

    ReplyDelete
  36. we love brett here at stoudt's! he is a fabulous brewer, part of the family and a true ambassador for the brewing industry. xo jodi stoudt

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks Jodi....we really enjoyed having Brett on the show and I'm sure we'll be featuring more Stoudt's beers (and Brett) in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Stoudt's really has to be visited to appreciate it. If you're lucky, you'll get a tour from Ed Stoudt, which you won't soon forget. (In a very good way.)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I agree Stingo....go do the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  40. And get beer and bread to enjoy at home!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Don't forget the artisan cheese ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).