Bridgeport Brewing Sample Pack–Update & Raven Mad 3D !

BridgePortRaven Mad BridgePort1

A week or two ago I received a great sample pack from Master Brewer Jeff Edgerton @ Bridgeport Brewing. Click Here to check out the original post.  Since that time I’ve been sampling and commenting on each brew on FaceBook, so I wanted to post an update here.

First off check out the new bottle Jeff was nice enough to send.  This is Briidgeport’s Raven Mad Imperial Porter from the Bridgeport Big Brew series.  I’ll sample the beer later, but this one has a very cool Hitchcock-themed 3D label and as you can see, it comes WITH 3D-Glasses!  Very cool, and I can’t wait to put on the glasses and sample it.

Hop Harvest:  How did I not know about this beer!  Floral nose, almost sweet hop finish with an incredibly fresh flavor.  I believe the “field to brew in 1-hour” claim.  This one was tasty.

Kingpin Double Red:  This beer was a pleasant surprise.  Lots of Rye in the nose and backbone and a pleasant rye flavor that comes in early and really stays on through the late flavor.  This one is dry for sure, but has a nice almost grainy flavor.  “Feared by some and cheered by many”….I’m cheering!

Hop Czar:  These brews get better and better.  Hop Czar has a lot of good things going on.  Big hoppy nose and tongue, lots of citrus flavor and a really subtle malt undertone I really liked.  I’m a big fan of the Czar.

Stumptown Tart Framboise:  Sometimes the right beer at the right time makes a huge impression, and this was it for me.  I just love this beer, and I’ll admit it’s one I never heard of.  Stumptown has lots of sweet & tart Oregon raspberries and an almost saison-like nose.  This one was just fantastic.



Café Negro Coffee Infused Porter:  This beer snuck up on me.  I expected it to be good, but the porter to coffee balance was dead on.  Nice and creamy, lots of coffee flavor but smooth and bold.  Very tasty.

Bridgeport India Pale Ale:  A classic for me, with very fond familial memories.  An easy drinking sweet & citrusy IPA that I really enjoy and always will.  Frank’s favorite will always be one of mine.

Highland Ambush:  I’ll admit to not being a Scotch Ale fan, but this one is easy drinking.  It’s big and malty and almost sticky sweet, but balanced well.  There’s just enough background hop to balance out the big malty flavor.  This is one I know my Scotch Ale loving friends will really enjoy.

Nightcap Winter Ale:  Stay tuned.  I haven’t opened it yet so watch on FaceBook for my photo and comments.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).