Chip the Beer Guy / John Webster

12 April 2010

Webster Since I’ve been out of town for a few weeks this is probably old news for most, but it is a story I continue to follow closely.  Our beloved John Webster has left Rock 107 to take on a new morning show on WILK.  As this story broke on 3/31, I noticed that all references to the Chip the Beer Guy show had been removed from Rock 107’s website.  It’s my understanding that Chip is still involved in some format of negotiations with Rock 107 to continue the show, but my sources are telling me that Rock 107 isn't necessarily actively negotiating.  I’m also hearing of the possibility of Chip following John Webster and doing a new show on WILK with new sponsorship, this of course assumes Rock 107 doesn’t own his “name” also.  As of last Friday Rock 107 didn’t even run a repeat Chip the Beer Guy show, so who knows what the future will bring.  On a final “rumor central” note, I’ve now heard from two different sources that there may now be two competing morning radio beer shows in the works….so stay tuned.

2 comments (click to read or post):

Chip the Beer Guy,  12 April, 2010 10:10  

Who knows how all of this will shake out. I am currently still working with Rock 107 to continue doing the show. Responses to my e-mails have been slow at best. I fully intend to keep MY name. I can't see a legal battle like that of Webster. If there is a legal issue, I don't have the monitary funds to fight even though I know I'd win. As for other stations doing a morning beer show, how do they say it, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" If other stations feel as though they have to "copy" the show, than more power to them for being ORIGINAL. Stay tuned as we work out the details.

mybeerbuzz 12 April, 2010 11:23  

Thanks Chip...please do keep us up to date.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate them so it may not immediately appear...and please be nice!

Lets Talk Beer!

We've added some tools to encourage interaction. First and foremost, you'll see the Recent Comments section up above. This list displays the most recent comments from individual posts. Feel free to comment on ANY post by clicking on the "comments" link at the bottom of any post, or any link in the Recent Comments section. Comments are moderated, however you can choose to post anonymously.

Please also remember mybeerbuzz is very active on Facebook & Twitter and we DO support RSS feeds for posts and comments.

My NEW Facebook Fan Page Come LIKE it!

WILK Friday BeerBuzz

Advertising

mybeerbuzz.com is not affiliated with any of the advertisers shown above. We run Ads as a way to help offset the costs to run this FREE blog....BUT if you do happen to click on any of these ads (even if you don't buy), we do eventually get a few pennies....literally.

Sponsor mybeerbuzz.com

Creative Commons License
mybeerbuzz.com by mybeerbuzz.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at mybeerbuzz.com.

  © Copyright 2014 mybeerbuzz.com

Back to TOP