Bells Hopslam hits NEPA

21 January 2009

I've just heard from Lindo @ Sabatini's and he tells me he will be tapping one of the few kegs of Bell's Hopslam to make it to NEPA (Shangey's only had 8) on Friday 1/23. Sabatini's will also have bottles of Hopslam.

7 comments (click to read or post):

Josh 21 January, 2009 13:42  

looks like we may need to do a little barhopping Friday night in order to get some of that Hopslam!

mybeerbuzz,  21 January, 2009 14:28  

And we'll be in the neighborhood...

Lee Botschaner,  21 January, 2009 14:30  

Had it on draught in harrisburg at shady mcgrady's and enjoyed.

stingo 21 January, 2009 17:18  

Not that it isn't good, I'm sure it is. But, when I see stuff like this, I think, we have Nugget Nectar which is made practically in our own backyard, and we can get way more of it. What's the huge deal?

mybeerbuzz,  21 January, 2009 18:04  

I guess for me the easy answer is "we'll see after I get a chance to try it" but I suspec the real answer is the rarity of the beer and the attention it gets. You know how much Nugget I have already so I'd say why not both if it's as good. I've been hearing a $60 per case price so I'll agree that for that price it needs to be good.

Josh 22 January, 2009 09:04  

Nothing beats Nugget Nectar in my book, but Hopslam is very good. It's hoppier and more bitter than NN because it's a DIPA, and it's also brewed with honey so it has a different sweetness than a lot of DIPAs. I've had it in bottles and may or may not pick some up this year, but I'd definitely like to try it on draft.

sugarnotchstud 06 February, 2009 23:57  

I might be coming back to nepa in march during spring break or in may and can bring some back if anyone is interested. I go to Purdue in Indiana and have access to a few good beer's including Hopslam, double trouble dreadnaught and a slew of others. I'm up for trading, especially for the nugget nectar since I haven't had it.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate them so it may not immediately appear...and please be nice!

Lets Talk Beer!

We've added some tools to encourage interaction. First and foremost, you'll see the Recent Comments section up above. This list displays the most recent comments from individual posts. Feel free to comment on ANY post by clicking on the "comments" link at the bottom of any post, or any link in the Recent Comments section. Comments are moderated, however you can choose to post anonymously.

Please also remember mybeerbuzz is very active on Facebook & Twitter and we DO support RSS feeds for posts and comments.

My NEW Facebook Fan Page Come LIKE it!

WILK Friday BeerBuzz

Advertising

mybeerbuzz.com is not affiliated with any of the advertisers shown above. We run Ads as a way to help offset the costs to run this FREE blog....BUT if you do happen to click on any of these ads (even if you don't buy), we do eventually get a few pennies....literally.

Sponsor mybeerbuzz.com

Creative Commons License
mybeerbuzz.com by mybeerbuzz.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at mybeerbuzz.com.

  © Copyright 2014 mybeerbuzz.com

Back to TOP