Muck Rack.Com Illegally Copying Content


In Oct 2021, we caught Muckrack.com copying our content and using it for their own profit. This was done without my permission. After I contacted the company, they agreed to pull ALL of my content from their site. This apparently lasted less than 6 months, and they are now back to illegally copying my content with over 9994 articles (including this one!) now again appearing on their site.

My profile, which they were supposed to remove, indicates the following:

The owner of this website wants this media outlet to be removed from our database. https://app.intercom.com/a/inbox/all934iy/inbox/admin/4986720/conversation/514210958659?view=List PLEASE, DO NOT ADD THIS AGAIN OR MAKE IT SEARCHABLE AND VERIFIED.

Muck Rack appears to be in the business of profiting from other website’s hard work and stealing content. I’ve talked to lots of other website owners that are experiencing the same thing with Muck Rack. I’ve now contacted them AGAIN with no response. If they cannot remove my content permanently and never add it back in the next 24-hours, I’ll move forward with the next steps.

In the meantime, please let Muck Rack know that they can’t steal content from other sites like mine. I actually hope that they see THIS article as well since the clock is ticking.

As a follow up: Michael from MuckRack Replied:

Thank you for contacting us. and sharing this information.

We have removed and banned your website from being listed in our database.

Rest assured that this instance will not happen again in the future.

Thank you!
Michael

Michael

Muck Rack

However! All Michael did was remove my profile from Muck Rack and NOT my articles. A quick article search on their site shows 9994 articles from my dating back to 2019 (after they were supposed to have originally removed them from their site) STILL on their site!


About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).