New Braunfels Announces Two New Releases

Sour junkies are cool

Hey Pucker People!

I can't thank you guys and girls enough for your support through this CoronaCrap. Your purchases, social media shares and emotional support mean the world to me.

I so can't wait to pour you guys a few beers when this is all over.

So I'm continuing to brew, blend and bottle and I've got some cool stuff in the works. I ALSO have two surprise releases this month that I'd like to make available to you. Each release was only 60 bottles but definitely worth your time and attention.

Our SJS Family had early access to them to quantities are limited.

Also please remember that I'm happy to deliver to your doorstep if you're patient.

I'm even doing a run to Houston and planning one to Harlingen via Corpus next week.

I am also absolutely happy to ship if you're not patient or live too far away.

Cheers to Sour Beer,

KFM

BirthDay Deathbed

Birthday Deathbed Blend3

375ml Bottle

$12

click for the online store

Once again Lewis Dickson at La Cruz de Comal called and asked if I wanted a bag of flavor from his white Vermouth. And once again there was only one correct answer.

For Blend3 I took his flavor sack of flowers, herbs, lemons and even limestones from his Estate Vineyard and fermented it with Blondine in two 5 gallon kegs. For Blend3 I pulled a tincture from the more herbaceous of the two and bottled it without blending. One of my goals with the first 3 releases of this beer was to showcase the journey the beer took to get to Blend4, which will be a larger release and a blend of all the individual tinctures. This release highlights the herbs and is beautiful to experience. If this release is anything like the first two, it will not last long.

We packaged Birthday Deathbed in 375ml bottles with a cork and cage finish in Late April and will be retailing them for 12 dollars starting Thursday, May 7.

The Funkromancer Label

Funkromancer Blend4

750ml Bottle

$12

click for the online store

This is one of those beers that just takes you to a happy place.

It's crisp, overflowing with aromas and flavors but still drinkable and fun.

I started with barrel-aged Blondine from one of the 3 small oak barrels I saved from the Black Fury purge. The beer was acidic and clean with just a hint of yeasty funk.

I racked that beer overtop a pound of cut and sifted hibiscus flowers and gave a week's contact time.

I then racked that beer off the flowers and added 10 week Blondine for a second press. The goal was to extract some tannins, a bit of color and more depth. And the blend of younger Blondine will extend the evolution time in the cellar.

Both were blended back together before we filled 60 bottles and a keg for our FK COVID party when we reopen.

Each bottle is 12 dollars and will be available for pickup starting Thursday, May 7.

please don't fondle our wood

- - -SPICY PKL 4-PACKS - - -

They're almost gone but we still have maybe 8 cases left.

click the link

please don't fondle our wood

First Book Cover

Sitting around Self-quarantine-ing?

Then you should do it with a good book.

Or this one. My paperback is available in the online store or at the brewery.

click to order yours

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).