FireWheel Brewing Closing 11/14 In Rowlett, TX

imageFrom FireWheel Brewing:

Dear Craft Beer World,



On Saturday, November 14th 2015, FireWheel Brewing will be throwing the Midnight Ninja a 3rd Birthday Party, one of the biggest parties we have ever had. After that party has finished, FireWheel Brewing Co. will be closing its doors permanently. I know to some, this will come as a surprise, but just know that it is the best decision for FireWheel. I would like to thank all who have helped me, Brad Perkinson, realize my dream of owning and operating a brewery, and making the best craft beer I could. Even now as it comes to an end, we are making some of the best beer we ever have, and it will be all available during the Ninja Party! I do not want to go into details about the shutdown, but just know that I am grateful for the time I had as a brewer/owner and I am looking forward to the next opportunity, whatever that may be.



We are going to continue to sell and serve beer until the 14th on November as if we were doing regular business, so we hope to see everyone out here to say their final goodbyes to StrIPA, Ninja, the first ever Texas Pale Ale, Rowlett Red, and all the other great beers that we have made over the last 3+ years…
Even though I would like to thank everyone publicly, but that would take a LONG TIME, as I had a lot of help along this journey. I will, though, thank by name a select few.



To start, I’d like to thank my father Bruce and his wife Nancy. They have been more than supportive during every step of FireWheel. I can’t say enough about them, so I won’t even try…



I’d like to thanks Nate Breitzman, my brewer. He was a volunteer at the old location and would show up unannounced and unsolicited to help out with kegging, brewing, and any other projects we had. He stuck it out with me until I could hire him as a brewer, basically brewed every beer at FireWheel for the last year, then again stuck it out to the very end of FireWheel. Some of our most popular beers like A-Sake-son, Slow-Pitch Wheat, and Rowlett Red are actually HIS recipes, not mine. Thanks Nate, for all you have given and done for me and FireWheel.



I’d like to continue by thanking the Amos Family, especially Roger and Malissa. Roger came to some of the first tours at the old location back in 2013 and has given EVERY SATURDAY to the brewery as a volunteer since then. In 2015, he would come directly from work to run the TapRoom Thursday and Friday, still come up all day Saturday, then come back up and work Sundays too! Malissa has given almost as much time as well, but even when she wasn’t up here working FireWheel, Roger was, so she has given up precious family time. You guys are like family to me now. Enough good things cannot be said.



I’d like to thank my investors, without which we would not have had the opportunity to grow to the new location and make some of the outstanding beers that the new equipment and facility allowed.



I’d like to thank my former employees. We have had good times and not so good times, but all the work you have given FireWheel was appreciated. I wish all of you the very best.



Lastly, I’d like to thank everyone that has ever volunteered at FireWheel. Without you guys, we can’t keep this place running. Many hours have been donated for a few beers and a few tip dollars and I literally couldn’t have done it without you.



Thanks again to everyone,



Brad Perkinson
Owner/Founder/Brewer FireWheel Brewing
2012-2015

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).