Grilling With Samuel Adams & Downtime Pilsner - A First Sampling

I always love getting a care package from Samuel Adams, and when I opened yesterday’s box, Summer 2015 officially started at BeerBuzz headquarters.

Samuel Adams recently formed an exclusive partnership with Weber Grills.  We brought you the details of that partnerships, but now I have more.  Samuel Adams was nice enough to add in a little surprise in my box as they included a bag a special Weber Apple Wood Firespice Chips.  They also included a bottle of Samuel Adams Summer Ale to soak the wood chips in, so off we went.

Naturally we soaked the chips overnight, and this afternoon we fired up the charcoal, and added in he Samuel Adams soaked chips.  I’ll admit I was skeptical; after all I’m a vegetarian so my grill only sees veggie burgers and V-dogs.  But much to my surprise, it actually worked.  We chose the plain-est veggie burgers we had which ended up being Morningstar Farms grillers and we added the Weber/Sam chips to the hot charcoal and grilled as usual.

I’m happy to report it actually worked.  The burgers had a smokey almost sweet flavor, and perhaps it was the Samuel Adams Summer Ale I was also drinking, but I’ll admit I swear I tasted citrus in the burgers.  For fun we did veggie dogs and while the flavors were less prominent, a hand full of new chips added some unique flavors to the dogs as well.

Be sure to try this for yourself and see what I mean.  Mrs. BeerBuzz and I can’t wait to try this on some roasted vegetables and even some gouda cheese.

As a bonus Samuel Adams included some Porch Rocker to enjoy while we were grilling and their new Downtime Pilsner.  This German Pilsner has the classic flavors of noble hops and German pilsner malt and at 5%-AbV we found it really drinkable.  The lighter body, malty balance and crisp finish made it a perfect summer grilling brew.
image
Downtime Pilsner is available nationwide in the Samuel Adams Beers of Summer pack so try this one for yourself….and don’t forget to break out your grill!  Cheers and let Summer 2015 Begin!

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).