WILK Friday BeerBuzz - 26 Apr 2013 Fegley’s Brew Works Space Monkey w/Beau Baden

FridayBeerBuzzBus4
It’s been way too long since our pal (and local native) Beau Baden visited the WILK Friday BeerBuzz.  We always enjoy having Beau on the show and of course we love the Brew Works beers that he always brings.

When we were planning our Spring 2013 Tour de Buzz III bus trip, we quickly realized that Brew Works would not only be a great destination, but we knew we’d have a great time sampling their beer AND getting some private tours from Beau himself.  For anyone who is joining us on the bus trip tomorrow, you’re in for a real treat.

It seems like just yesterday that Brew Works opened their doors, so it was exciting to talk with Beau about the Brew Works 15th anniversary celebrations as well as the specialty beer they brewed.  Congratulations to everyone at Brew Works!

It was also exciting talking to Beau about the “Brewer for a Day” contest winning beer that local Wyoming Valley homebrewer Mike Sexton got to brew on the Brew Works equipment.  It sounds like it was a really fun day and a really great Black Rye IPA.
image
No Friday BeerBuzz would be complete without sampling a beer…so today we chose to sample one of my Brew Works favorites…Space Monkey.  This beer is a wonderful raspberry saison that has a refreshing clean tart bite with the smooth finish of a traditional farmhouse ale.  At 7% ABV this beer can be a little sneaky, but don’t let the raspberry fool you.  Space Monkey is a semi sweet 25 IBU, but it does contain Nugget, EKG & Czech Saaz hops.  This is a great summer beer and a really pleasant brew.

Thank you to Beau Baden from Fegley’s Brew Works, Nancy, John & Joe for yet another

fun Friday.

The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together. As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE.
.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

28 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Great to have Beau Baden from Fegley's Brew Works in the studio with us this morning!

    And while I have enjoyed many of his masterful creations over the years, I had never tasted 'Space Monkey' until today. 'Space Monkey' is one of those rare beers that, like a peanut, having one makes you want to have two, makes you want to...and you get the picture. Tart, a little bit yeasty, refreshing and more!

    We are so looking forward to the WILK FBB Tour de Buzz III and our visit to Fegley's Allentown and Bethlehem Brew Works tomorrow!

    Thanks to Beau Baden for being on the show, thanks of course to Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com for putting another great show together, and as always, thanks to you for listening!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sampled my favorite beer today! Yea Space Monkey! See you at Bethlehem tomorrow Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should hit Brew Works too.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish wish wish I could be on the bus. Damn! Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I met Beau once in Scranton and I love his beer. I plan to ride down and say hi at Bethlehem. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Space Monkey is my favorite!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am ON the bus. See you tomorrow. Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to Beau Baden for joining us today and in case you missed it there will be 24 beers available at Allentown & Bethlehem Brew Works for our bus trip tomorrow AND Beau will join us in Allentown for tours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful to see a local boy from Scranton do good in the brewing industry. Beau is a class guy that I've met more than once and his beer is first class. I'm not on the bus but I may make the ride down for the Bethlehem portion. KC

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love their Insidious too. JT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brew Works is my favorite local brewery. I tune in online from Allentown on your stream to hear the buzz but we go to ABW all the time. CHeers Beau! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed you last Friday! Screw the bomber! The beer buzz must go on. See you Saturday. Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be visiting Allentown tomorrow for the race so I'll be in the neighborhood. Cheers to Beau!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hopsoulutely is absolutely the best. at least my favorite beer. Nice job Beau. Ron

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have some of the best local breweries in our area and Brew Works is one of them. Congratulations to Beau.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never miss a show and I did miss you all last week. Nice show today and I really like Brew Works alot. Not on the bus but I'll be working on my wife to go to Bethlehem tomorrow! Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Mannekin-Penn Cool catch and breaking news for the Friday BeerBuzz!!!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Kris. It looks like it will be a cool beer and we're always excited to break local craft beer news.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Space Monkey is still my favorite beer. I tasted it when it first came out and now I order it every time I go. Nice show today and I love Brew Works.

    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't know about the 15th Anniversary beer. That was cool breaking news for me too. I'll be on the bus tomorrow. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  21. Crap I have to get on that bus! JT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry the buses are full JT but we will be doing a fall bus trip.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice show! I love Beau.

    See you Sat.

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  24. Space Monkey is sooo good. Can you buy it locally?

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  25. Em...yes I believe Krugel's has it but do check before you make the ride up.

    ReplyDelete
  26. the three G's today. Great guest, great beer and a great show. So what is that music at the end of the video? Dan

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's Patti Smith's version of Space Monkey Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think the raspberry & saison blend sounds really good and I'd like to see a Cherry version too hint hint. Adam K

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).