WILK Friday BeerBuzz - 7 Dec 2012 Sly Fox Christmas Ale w/Brian O’Reilly

WILKFridayBerbuzz9
Back in October we took 50 of our closest friends and headed down to Sly Fox Brewery in Pottstown PA.  This was our first trip to the new brewery and it really looked great.  We took a peek at the new Braukon brewhouse and got a great behind-the-scenes look at the brewery & packaging line….and of course some great food & beer.

As we worked to empty the entire brewery supply of Black Raspberry Reserve, we decided it was time to feature another Sly Fox beer on the WILK Friday BeerBuzz.  We’ve featured their Pikeland Pils in the past, but with the holidays approaching I knew we had a perfect beer to welcome back brewmaster Brian O’Reilly.

Sly Fox Christmas Ale is a classic holiday brew, but when they added the packaging that allows you to write “TO” and “FROM” names on your 12oz can or 750ml bottle, I knew we had our perfect Sly Fox show beer.
image


Sly Fox Christmas Ale actually begins life as a Red Ale and from there, Brian adds in Nutmeg, Ginger, Cinnamon, Allspice & even cloves to make this wintery holiday brew.  Don’t let the spices fool you, this beer comes loaded with flavor, body and a very drinkable 5.5% ABV.  Available on draft, in 750ml bottles and my favorite 12oz cans, this beer is a great beer to take to a holiday party…and with the To/From on the label you just HAVE to give this as a gift.

It was fun to wish Brian O’Reilly a happy 17th anniversary and even more fun trying to pry some details about his surprise Special Anniversary Ale out of Brian.  This new beer will be released on 12/14 at their special day-long Anniversary Party at the brewery so stay tuned.  This party will feature Sly Fox beers, bands and some really great sounding food too.

Be sure to try out Sly Fox Christmas Ale 2012 and be sure to give some as a gift so you can write on the label.  T

hank you to Brian O’Reilly from Sly Fox, Nancy, John & Joe for yet another

fun Friday.

The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together.

As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE.
.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

27 comments (click to read or post):

  1. A great Christmas Ale 2012 from Sly Fox and brewmaster Brian O'Reilly.

    Thanks for being on the show Brian and thanks too for the inspiring tale of 3-legged Peggy and the Sly Fox Goat Race! lol

    Once again, thanks to Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com for producing the WILK Friday Beer Buzz each week. The hard work you put into the show is why we've won awards and why the show is consistently fun and informative!

    And of course and as always, thanks to you for listening!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Brian O'Reilly for joining us today to sample Sly Fox Christmas Ale. We had a great time talking beer with Brian and Christmas Ale is the perfect spicy holiday ale.

    Stay tuned for comment moderation coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on the bus trip to Sly Fox with you. People should know what a great brewery that is. I did the brewery tour with Bill too and it was a lot of fun. Ed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice show. I go to the goat races and I'm glad you mentioned them. It is a really fun event and the Sly Fox Bock is really good too. Team Peggy Rules! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sly Fox is my favorite brewery too. Cheers Brian. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again it sounded like a good time was had by all. Great show! Chris K

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to hear the Xmas special! Details please! Joe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our overextended holiday spectacular will air on Xmas eve and New Years eve...stay tuned for details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that beer can with the To From you did today. I'll be giving some Sly Fox Christmas Ale as gifts this year for sure.

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too Larry...and I'll be keeping some Sly Fox Odyssey for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi guys. I missed the live show today but I just watched the video. I love Sly Fox and I'm actually planning to visit next week too. You convinced me after hearing the show today. Does Brian do the tours?? JT

    ReplyDelete
  12. JT I think Brian occasionally does tours but I wouldn't count on it. It's a great tour and the staff really knows their stuff. Be sure to try a bottle of Black Raspberry Reserve

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. Their 17th anniversary celebration looks like a fun event. You made me drool with the beer today and the zucchini french toast too.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi WILK buzz Guess you couldn't get the secret beer from Sly Fox today. J

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks J....nope...while we're pretty good at getting to be the first to sample secret beers and first to get the details on secret beers we clearly didn't ply Brian with enough beer to get it out of him. We'll try harder next time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You guys always amaze me and how about you J? Have you had the Sly Fox secret beer? I think WILK does a great job with the beer buzz.

    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you're really on to something with the crisper drawer and CAN-O-Flage idea. Nice show Bil. Rob

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Rob. Not that I need to can-o-flage any beers from Mrs. BeerBuzz but I think it would be a fun idea. hint hint Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a goat race participant every year. Thanks for promoting our event. It is so much fun and we love Peggy! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think the goat race sounds like a great event. Count me in. Gary in Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  21. Team Peggy here!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's all good! quoth Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey that can is cool. What a great idea. Cheers to Brian from Sly Fox. Can I get this at Krugels?

    Jeremy TA

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree Jeremy and YES Sly Fox Christmas Ale is available in cans and bottles from Krugel's

    ReplyDelete
  25. You get the best guests on WILK. Brian is a funny guy. I like Pikeland Pils for summer drinking too. Hall

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now I'm intrigued for your holiday show. Is it that good? Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jenna...lets just say Do NOT miss our Overextended hour-long Xmas spectacular...trust me on this one....it was CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).