Straub Beer Fans Fly From Illinois To Pickup Straub Beer

image


Details from Straub:

Recently, two Straub Beer fans, Jim Clingingsmith and Chadd Hartwig, both from McHenry, Illinois, made a special "Beer Run" to St. Marys, PA. Deciding it was too far to drive, Chadd suggested they take his 1963 Beechcraft Bonanza plane to save some time. So they flew in, stayed the night with friend Bill Gerg (himself a longtime Straub fan), and took a tour of the brewery the next day. Then they picked up 10 cases of Straub Beer (the most they could fit in the plane) and flew back to Illinois.


Jim Clingingsmith explains. "My mother grew up in St. Marys and I worked my first job after college there. I was always a big fan of Straub Beer. After moving to Illinois I would come back to town whenever I could and always picked up several cases of Straub to take home. Sometimes kind visitors from St. Marys would pick up a few cases and bring them along with them.

Recently, a friend from St. Marys delivered some Straubs on a business trip here, replenishing my supply. I reluctantly let some local buddies have some and my friend Chadd said 'I have to get some of this.’

I explained to Chadd that it is a 10 hour trip each way and Chadd said 'not if we take the plane!'

Hence the 'Beer Run' commenced.

Many thanks to all the good people at Straub. The trip was well worth it and we look forward to another one."

Chadd adds this: “I told Jim, and I will tell anyone who asks, ‘what’s the connection with Straub Beer?’ My answer is once you have a Straubs, you are instantly connected.”

Thanks Jim and Chadd and we look forward to seeing you the next time around.

And what lesson can we learn here? It's always nice to share your Straub Beer with a friend. Especially if they have their own airplane and can fly you to the Brewery to pick up some more. That's what are friends for, right?
Straub Beer Run - St. Marys, PA
Photos courtesy of Bill Gerg, St. Marys, PA.
Thanks Bill.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).