Garrett Oliver Brewing White House Beer @ Brooklyn Brewery

image


Follow along as our pal Garrett Oliver from Brooklyn Brewery works with Diner’s Journal to brew a batch of the White House Honey Ale.  Details form the NewYorkTimes:

This month, after word got out that the White House was brewing its own beer, President Obama’s staff released its recipe for White House Honey Ale. Diner’s Journal asked Garrett Oliver, the brewmaster at Brooklyn Brewery, to make a batch that we could sample and assess. And on Friday, Mr. Oliver started the brewing – a month long process that we’ll occasionally drop in on, offering a glimpse of brewing both for those who know the art and for those who don’t.

People often ask me whether I still brew beer at home. Although I’m an avid cook, I never brewed at home again after I started doing it professionally back in 1989. So to brew our White House Honey Ale, I went to see our friends at the nearby Brooklyn Kitchen, where I and my brewing team have cooked many dinners. I borrowed a brewing pot from our brewery’s lab manager, Tom Price, who told me it had never been used. “I bought it and meant to use it more than four years ago,” he said, “but then I ended up coming to work here and it ended up on a shelf at home.”
.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).