WILK Friday BeerBuzz–4 May 2012 Weyerbacher Sour Black w/Bobby Clark

WILKFridayBerbuzz8Back in May of 2010 we quietly launched our very first every WILK Friday BeerBuzz show.  I remember my emotions for that show being somewhere between excitement and complete fear.  Jump ahead 2 years later, and I can’t believe we’re celebrating our 2nd Year Anniversary.

Last year for our 1-year anniversary, we invited Chris Wilson from Weyerbacher Brewing up to celebrate our anniversary with us.  Chris brought up some Weyerbacher 16 and our pal Theresa Duffy brought even more great Weyerbacher beer to celebrate at our Krugel’s tasting party.  Since everyone had such a great time, we thought why not make it a tradition, and do it all again w/Weyerbacher….and of course there’s a BIG PARTY TONIGHT!
With Chris out in San Diego for the Craft Brewers Conference, we were lucky enough to get Bobby Clark to join us and bring up a really special beer.  This beer is so new, it doesn’t even have a name so we’re simply calling it Weyerbacher Sour Black.  This new brew is a black Belgian-style sour that’s been aging for close to a year in the former Rapture Pinot Noir barrels and the flavor is amazing.  Sour Black has a rich color and a bold sour flavor.  You can really taste the influence the wine barrels had on it with a vinous background, a little oak and a wonderful sour flavor.  I’ll be excited to see this one released and can’t wait to hear the name.

It was also cool to talk to Bobby about the development & use of the new Weyerbacher logo & the brewery expansion.  (We brought you a peek at the new logo back in Feb)
424133_10150540842762078_21435352077_8861980_2139588580_n[1]
My thanks to Bobby Clark for making the ride up to be on our show AND to stay for tonight’s special Weyerbacher tasting event 

Remember to come out tonight (May 4th) from 5-7PM @ Krugel’s Georgetown Deli, next to the Big Cow on Rt 309 in Wilkes-Barre Twp. to celebrate the 2-Year Anniversary of the Friday BeerBuzz on WILK. We’ll have Bobby Clark from Weyerbacher on hand with a sampling of their great brews and the entire WILK Friday BeerBuzz crew will be there to talk beer. This event is open to all (must be 21 or older to sample beer) so be sure to bring a friend and stop by!
Thanks
to Bobby Clark from Weyerbacher, Nancy, John, & Bosco for yet another fun Friday.
The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together.
As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

26 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Another great show. My wife and I love Weyerbacher and you are so lucky to get to try that new Sour Black beer. It sounded amazing. Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Rapture a lot. This new beer sounds amazing. I'll see you guys at Georgetown!

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double Simcoe is my favorite beer. Cheers to Bobby! I'll be @ Krugels too!

    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good beers from Weyerbacher and when the 'Belgian Sour Black' is released this summer (and gets it's official name!) it'll be another hit!

    Thanks to Bobby Clarke from Weyerbacher for being on the show, thanks to Bill fromMyBeerBuzz.com for bringing it altogether, and thanks to you for listening!

    Hope we'll see you at Krugel's tonight, 5pm, as we launch Year # 3 of THE WILK FRIDAY BEER BUZZ!!!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved Weyerbacher but sometimes their beer is hard to get in NEPA. I've done much better lately, but I still don't always see enough of it. My favorite is Harvest Ale.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously thought you were going to call Chris Wilson! That would have been hilarious!

    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can you not love a beer called Blithering Idiot. I'll have one and probably be one tonight. Cheers buzzers. Another great show.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really applaud you guys for doing a sour on the show. So many people think because of the name they are not a good beer when in fact they are great! Your show has a really nice balance of featuring drinkable main-stream craft beers for people just experiencing good beers for the first time and amazing first-off specialty beers like today's sour for the craft beer experienced people. Nice job once again and I'll be sure to stop up and say hi tonight.

    Jason P

    ReplyDelete
  9. AC/DC Back In Black! Bosco Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My world changed with Weyerbacher Double Simcoe. I never liked hoppy beer until I tasted that. Now it is my favorite so I love hearing them on the show. Cheers Bobby!

    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you haven't visited Weyerbacher you should. It's a really fun brewery and the beers on tap are always great!

    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree TJ. I still consider Weyerbacher to be the most GENEROUS tasting room I've ever visited, and of course the build your own case is always fun as well. Thanks again to Bobby Clark for joining us today and for sticking around to help us celebrate our 2nd anniversary at Krugels Georgetown Deli tonight from 5-7. Come out and say hi and thank Bobby for pouring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. See you all tonight! I love the show and missed out on the bus trip so I wanted to have a beer with you all. Ray

    ReplyDelete
  14. I learned about Weyebacher after you had Chris on the show with Pumpkin Ale. I now travel once a month to the brewery to buy a case (sometimes more but don't tell my wife). Excellent news that they are coming to Krugels tonight. I'll be there. Martin J (Taylor, PA)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the new logo and cannot wait to try the new IPA.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  16. Last Chance sounds like a great name and a great cause. Cheers to Weyebacher for being socially responsible! Mark K

    ReplyDelete
  17. You guys always start my weekend off right. I buy just about every beer you feature and yes I'll be visiting tonight to sample one I've always wanted to try, Blithering Idiot. I just wanted to thank you for making my weekend start right and for always recommending the best beers to buy. Cheers, Thom

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought I was the only one to buy or try to buy every beer they feature. Nice!

    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  19. Weyerbacher quietly makes some of the best beers out there. We are lucky to have them in our back yard and Bobby was a great spokesman. See you tonight. Rob

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another great show and beer. You guys are the best! See U @ Georgetown. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always drink Double Simcoe and it's easier to find here in the Lehigh Valley. I have to tune into you guys on the web but I always listen to the show. Cheers from Bethlehem. Mark

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can we go to Krugels NOW PLEASE!?
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree. I need come Weyerbacher now too.

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  24. 3 of my top 5 favorite beers are Weyerbacher. You guys turned me on to Imperial Pumpkin, in fact I hadn't even heard of Weyerbacher until your show. Cheers Bobby. See you all tonight. Martin

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the video! The sound is hard to hear but the credits make me laugh every time. You deserve the associated association award =)

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you everyone. Sometimes we do not overlay the show audio over the video so the sound is coming directly from our high-tech Flip camera....and thus a little faint. I of course love the credits too...and maybe we did make that last one up ;)

    T-Minus 2-Hours so GET YOUR BUTTS TO KRUGEL'S GEORGETOWN DELI TONIGHT from 5-7PM and join us for a beer!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).