WILK Friday BeerBuzz–16 Mar 2012 Barley Creek Brewing Super Hop Triple IPA w/Joe Percoco

WILKFridayBerbuzz15Barley Creek Brewery has been a craft-brewing fixture in Northeastern PA for as many years as I can recall.  I can remember visiting 10-years ago after a summer hike at Big Pocono State Park and stopping by after skiing at Camelback…and it seems like it’s just always been there…but boy have things changed.

For those that aren’t aware of Barley Creek Brewing Co, it’s located right on the access road to Camelback Mountain and just minutes off Rt. 80 @ Tannersville.  You’ll not only notice the Pint Size Park with a regulation whiffle-ball field, horse-shoe pits & bocce courts, but also lots of outdoor space.  If you visit during winter, my favorite attribute will stand out….the Ted Benson designed timber frame restaurant & bar.  No matter when you visit Barley Creek, your likely to be going for the same reason I do…the beer.
image
Today on the Friday BeerBuzz we were joined by Barley Creek’s new lead brewer Joe Percoco.  Joe has a really strong home-brewing background and he was nice enough to show me around Barley Creek a few weeks ago.  We sampled quite a few Barley Creek Beers…and I have to say Barley Creek looks and tastes great.  This is a great new beginning for craft beer at Barley Creek and I love what Joe & Matt are doing with their beers.  With so many different beers on tap they definitely have something for everyone, including the hard core craft beer lovers.

It was tough to choose just one or two beers for the show, but I wanted to feature something unique, so the choice of Super Hop Triple IPA was an easy one.  Joe tells me this beer is loaded with hops and that wonderfully hoppy flavor is prominent in the nose and on the taste buds.  This brew also has a nice subtle malty backbone and lots of body…and don’t forget it’s a BIG 13% ABV.  Joe was nice enough to also share his wonderful Imperial Cocoa Porter  with us and not only is this beer loaded with chocolate notes but it’s just begging to be aged in some bourbon barrels.  With other beers on tap like Black Lager, Scottish Session Ale, and Double Mocha Latte Stout…I’m excited for what will be coming next for Barley Creek under Joe’s lead.

Thank you to Joe Percoco (Happy Birthday Lauren) from Barley Creek Brewing

, Nancy, John, & Joe for yet another fun Friday.

The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together.

As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

33 comments (click to read or post):

  1. We were at Camelback last weekend and stoppe din for lunch. I love Barley Creek and the Navigator is great. Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a mug club member and I love what Joe is doing up here. Thanks WILK for putting him on the air. He deserves it.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great local brewery on WILK. My wife wants to go to The Crossings on Saturday. I think I'll say YES! Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time we ski Camelback we hit Barley Creek. It's my absolute favorite. Cheers to Joe! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice show buzers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had a Super Hop last night. I go to Barley Creek all the time. Great show.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to Barley Creek but with that Triple IPA you mentioned I can't wait to visit. I'll try to stop up this weekend and give it a try. I know you guys always pick great beer so I want to try that Super Hop.

    Marty (Dallas, PA)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We visit for Saturday lunch every week. Last week I tried one of the Barley Creek beers and I loved it. I don't remember the name but it tasted like vanilla. Nice to hear them on the radio. I'll be back to try it again Joe.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was up there a while ago and we had some good beers. I'll definitely stop back now that you featured them on the show. If you guys liked the beer I know its good.

    Eric K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always a great show buzzers! Cheers to Joe Percoco.

    Warren

    ReplyDelete
  11. We tun in every week and I really think your show does great work for craft beer in our area. Thank you for pointing out a local brewery I wasn't aware of. I'll be visiting on Saturday. Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent show today. I have no idea how you manage to sample 3 beers at 8:30AM but I give you credit.

    Chris K

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha!...Thank you.We drink at 8:30AM so you don;t have to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very funn. I love the show and listen every week and I do want to visit Barley Creek.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never heard of a Tripel IPA until today. I definitely want to try it. I'll be in the area next week so hopefully it is still on tap. John (Marshall's Creek)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice show again today. I'm a regular and I love when you feature local breweries; especially when I can visit them. JJ

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tune in every week on the web feed but I wish you guys were broadcasting further out. I'm in Allentown and I'd love to get the friday beer buzz on the radio. Any chance you'll be in our market soon. Ann K

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Ann...I'll try to pedal faster on our transmitter. In all seriousness...you never know. I'd love to see us expand our market in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Damn I missed the bus trip tickets! I'll catch you on the next one. I didn't think it would sell out in an hour. TJ

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the show. I wish you held it in an auditorium so we could watch. Think about that some day. Arn (TT)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I watch the video every week. I love the credits and i Think it's a great show! Bob

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want to visit Barley Creek. I never heard of them until today. Cheers Joe. Rob Ha

    ReplyDelete
  23. I used to not like Barley Creek. I stoppe dup to try it a few weeks ago and the food and beer are great. Cheers to Joe.

    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  24. OK I'm in. Heading up there tonight for Barley Creek beer. AJ

    ReplyDelete
  25. The building is beautiful, the food is always good and I really enjoy trying all of the beer sthat Joe taps at Barley Creek. I agree when you say go try it for yourself. Mark

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice show. Happy St Patricks Day. Are you guys live?

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sam. Yes! With the exception of our holiday show we are live!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I didn't know about this brewery. Thank again buzzers for pointing it out. Now my wife will need to hit Tannervill Outlets VERY soon. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  29. I drive up Rt 80 every week on sales calls and never had a place to stop for lunch. I hear Barley Creek calling my name now. Thanks for the head's Up! Steve

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for highlighting a great pleace to enjoy some great beers. I want to visit in summer and sit outside too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super Hop Triple IPA?

    That's. Good. Beer!

    Thanks to Joe Percoco, a young and talented brewer, for being on the show today. Barley Creek is lucky to have him.

    (And happy birthday Lauren!)

    Thanks as always to Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com for producing another excellent episode of the WILK FBB, thanks to The Joe Thomas for his technical expertise, and thanks to you for listening!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks everyone...and thank you to Joe Percoco for joining us today to sample three different Barley Creek beers. We really had a great time and hope you have a happy birthday celebration Lauren!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).