WILK Friday BeerBuzz–16 Dec 2011 Nebraska Melange a Trois w/Paul Kavulak

WILKFridayBerbuzz7The Friday BeerBuzz on WILK knows no boundaries.  We’ve been reaching out to Massachusetts, California & Oregon in the previous weeks…so why not Nebraska…and this time it’s not just the state where our brewery calls home, but also the name of the brewery.  Nebraska Brewing has leapt on to the craft beer scene, and not only generated excitement locally, but also here in PA.  We’ve sampled Hop God and several other Nebraska brews, but today we wanted to sample their Melange a Trois.



wilkMelange is a Belgian-style ale aged 6-months in Chardonnay Wine barrels, but it’s way more than just that.  The Melange of three characteristic; dry on the tongue, sweet on the palate and wine-like in it’s finish, make for a very special and unique beer.  Flavors of white grapes, oak and perhaps even coriander make for not only a complex beer but an elegant one at that.

It was also exciting to have Nebraska Brewing President & Brewer Paul Kavulak join us to talk about the origins of the brewery and Melange.  It was also exciting to sample a beer that just won he 2011 GABF Gold Medal in the 2nd most competitive category at the Great American beer Festival—Wood & Barrel-Aged Strong.  This is a great beer and one you should seek out and try for yourself when it is released in a few weeks.

Thanks

to Paul Kavulak from Nebraska Brewing, Nancy, John & Joe for yet another fun Friday.

The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together.

As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

57 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Always a gret beer and now anothe rgreat Guest. I love Nebraska Brewing!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I puchased Melange a few months ago and I really love it. It's a great celebration beer to share at your holiday parties and it was cool to hear fomr their President. Cheers to Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nebraska Brewing makes some really innovative beers and Melange a Trois is my favorite. Thank for featuring it and thanks for getting Paul on the air too. JT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice show guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great beer choice. Once again a fantastic guest, great show as always. Thank you. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your show and my only complaint is that it's not on longer or on more days. My wife & I converted to craft beer from Bud Light becaus eof you guys and now we can't. Of course we'll be buying some Nebraska Brewing tonight. Cheers Bil & everyone at WILK. You guys ar ethe best and thank you to Paul from Nebraska for coming on the show. Marty J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too Marty. I used to think Becks was craft beer. Now I no longer drink it thanks to the Friday buzzers. I really like many of the beers featured on the show and now I buy them all the time. I'll race you to Georgetown to buy the Nebraska Brewing Beers. Cheers JJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have some Nebraska Hop God at home that I'll be pulling out tonite in honor of the WILK show with Paul Kavulak. Very cool guest! Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys SO have the best beer show going. I watch a few others on-line and you're killing them with fantastic beer, incredible guests and you all are just fun to listen to. Cheers (Amy)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone. We love doing the show and we thank each and every guest for taking the time to join us. A Big thank you to Paul Kavulak from Nebraska Brewing for joining us to help sample Melange a Trois...a great beer and Paul was a lot of fun to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fan Beer Tastic! I loved your music today too. I was surprised by Katey Perry then it made more sense with Lenage a troi in the song! FUN

    ReplyDelete
  12. And Rusty Fender in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think Fathead is my favorite Nebraska Brewing beer but I like Melange as well. I still haen't tried Hop God but I'll certainly be on the lookout for it this weekend after today's show. Cheers Paul! Chris in Trucksville

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you guys do your homework. Good beer scholars! I think two or three shows in a row your guest even commented on how much you knew about them. Nice job WILK! Eric JJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Out of the park good beer & guest. Thanks Paul from Nebraska!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the beer you did on the show today. When can we come on the show and sample with you guys? Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Marcus...we haven't worked out the in-studio guest thing...not sure we have the room (or approval) but we will certainly be working on some tasting events in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Melange a Trois from Nebraska Brewing's Chardonnay barrels, I didn't know if I'd love it.

    What was I thinking?!? lol

    It's excellent and as a previous poster suggested, a wonderful celebration beer. Thanks to Paul Kavulak for being on the FBB today, thanks to Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com for making it happen, and thank you for listening!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice show. Nebraska makes some really interesting beers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I tune in every week. Nebraska is a new beer for me but I really thought their brewmaster sounded nice. I'll be at Krugel's for lunch so I plan to pick some up. Cheers to Paul and the WILK team. Kate

    ReplyDelete
  21. Every week a great beer and another guest. Nebraska Brewery is new to me too but I trust you guys so count me in! Joe R

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've ha dthis beer and I buy it all the time for parties. Nice to hear from Paul Kavulak too. Cheers Paul thanks for coming on in NEPA. Jaimes

    ReplyDelete
  23. You guys amaze me every week. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nebraska Hop God is great. It's a big bottle so plan ahead but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We formed a little beer club a year or so ago after a few of us started getting together every Saturday to watch the Friday Beer buzz video. We love the show and Nebraska is a club favorite. Can't wait to watch the video tomorrow. Cheers buzzers. Mark K

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hop God=Great, Melange=Great FatHead=Haven't tried yet. Get out and try Nebraska. Art

    ReplyDelete
  27. How do I get a job like yours? AJ

    ReplyDelete
  28. Work hard, stay in school, study you art, and some day you too can co-host a beer show ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that you guys expose us and get us excited about new beer. I had not heard of Nebraska Brewing before but now I'm all over it. I know if you guys like it and Bill brings it on the show, it has to be great. Cheers to Paul Kavulak! Jim

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm HOP-ing over to Krugels for lunch to chase down some Nebraska beer. I have a party on Saturday and I think this will be perfect, especially since all of my co-workers are Nancy & Webster listeners. Chaz

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cheers buzzers!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Merry Xmas WILK beer buzz! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  33. You guys have taken me from a beer drinker to a craft beer lover. I think I've tasted all by about 10 of the beers you featured, but I had not heard of Nebraska Brewing until today. Thanks for the info and thank you to Paul for the interview today. Lou K

    ReplyDelete
  34. How big is the bottle for Nebraska? Chris

    ReplyDelete
  35. It's 750ml Chris....share it with family & friends!

    ReplyDelete
  36. You guys give me what I need every Friday: Fun & beer. I love what you do on the show and it makes me look forward to the weekend. Cheers to that . Gary (Dallas)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nicer show buzzers. I love Nebraska. Beer that is.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I've been enjoying Nebraska right fomr the start. Very cool to hear Paul on the air with you guys today. Nice! John

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm planning a visit to Nebraska and Nebraska Brewing is a goal. We'll be sure to tell Paul Kavulak we heard him back here in NEPA on the WILK beer buzz. Nice catch guys. Neal

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love Melange! I knew you'd feature it!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  41. One of the BEST beers I've tasted on the show this year...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Get it for celebrating the New Year. It's spectacular! Thanks to Paul Kavulak for coming on the show and having fun with all of us.

    Nancy Kman
    nancy@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. OK so I just bought a bottle of Nebraska Melange a Troi and it's in the refridgerator for later tonight. The bottle is beautiful and I can't believe I never heard of it prior to today's show. I also picked up some Fathead barleywine from Nebraska for the holidays. I'm a craft beer lover so thank you for turning me on to Paul Kavulak's beers. Cheers Jack in WB

    ReplyDelete
  43. I just watched the video too. VERY cool to see the show in person! Rob

    PS I love Nebraska beers

    ReplyDelete
  44. Rusty Fender on Camera! I love it. Now we can get traffic, beer & weather together and I spit my coffee out when you said Cecil Beer DeMille!

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  45. You guys get better and better every week ad Rusty the man the myth in the studio! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love to see what is going on behind the scenes when you do the show. You guys have TOO MUCH FUN! and I love Joe Thomas's gestures too. Frank C

    ReplyDelete
  47. Nebraska makes some first class beers and Melange is one of their best. It's no surprise that Melange won GABF Gold in the 2nd most competative category at the festival. Be sure to try Nebraska Brewing's other beers and thank you again to Paul Kavulak for joining us on the air.

    ReplyDelete
  48. That was a great show. I miss so much on the radio that it's like watching a whole new show when I see the video. Nice...and Microbe Rue was a great story too. I love that beer.

    Thom

    ReplyDelete
  49. I don't comment in all the time but I wanted to vouch for what a great beer Nebraska Melange a trois is. I think it's great when you feature world-class beers so melange is a perfect fit. I'm watching the video now and I can't believe how much goes on in the studio during the show. I give you guys credit for such a great show, beer and guest. Cheers Don (Marshall's Creek, PA)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Congratulatiosn to Paul for the GABF gold. I watched the GABF award ceremony live and it was great to see them win for Melange. Very well deserved win in my opinion too. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  51. Bought some Nebraska Melange a Trois at lunch time. I'll be toasting you guys tonight. Cheers to WILK, Bill, John, Nancy, Rusty, Joe & Paul Kavulak.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hey I just found you. I'm a regular Webster & Nancy listener, and I love the beer buzz but I only just found these comments. I've become more and more of a craft beer drinker, and this one has me wanting to try it out. Your guest was very knowledgeable and I really do want to try this beer. You guys always make me laugh on Friday (and the other days too) and I think you've got a great show here. Thank you WILK. Nick Jacks

    ReplyDelete
  53. Melange has to be one of my top five beers of all time. Nice beer & guest buzzers.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Getting Paul Kavulak from Nebraska Brewing to talk to NEPA was fantastic! Cheers to Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great Show! One of my all time favorite beers. One of the most complex beers I've ever tasted. As a matter of fact, a few of us shared a bottle at the Wyoming Valley Homebrewers Club meeting in November. (Sorry, had to do a plug) :)
    Chuck Yarmey
    Wyoming Valley Homebrewers Club

    ReplyDelete
  56. I agree....this is a fantastic beer and you;re wlecome to plug any time you like Chuck.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).