Chip the Beer Guy Rock 107 - Michelob Irish Red

It's "St. Patrick's Day-parade-in-Scranton-Eve", and there's magic in the air. Of course this will be followed by beer in the plastic cup and pee on the sidewalk, but there's still magic in the air. I'm a 50-50 Irishman, and my mother's side is Welsh so as much as my bachelor-party was in the fine city of Dublin, I'm conflicted on the whole parade attendance thing.

In any case, the show today did have an Irish flair and featured the Chip The Beer Guy perennial star of the show, Florian Kuplent from AB. Now I would argue the real guest star of the show for me is Leo Orlandini, but Florian is cool to hear from also.

Today we featured Michelob Irish Red, in honor of parade weekend. I had a chance to try one of these recently and it was a tasty beverage and one I'm sure makes a pretty good St Pat's session beer. As the Irish would say, "you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning."
It was interesting to hear from Florian and exciting to hear that AB/Michelob actually operates a 10bbl test brewery for some of their craft beers. It was also exciting to hear that they're releasing an all-wheat sample case and testing the waters for a hoppier-IPA-like-brew. At Johnny's Sat' tasting we actually had a chance to try some of the Michelob varieties so it was fun to follow that up with Florian on the show.

As much as I always seem to watch the parade from my couch; this year I'll admit I'm tempted. It's not the fun-filled-beer-crowd, the free pavement-candy, the Shriners in miniature cars, the never ending fun of watching the marching bands avoid the horsie-poop, and not even the fun of watching armature balloon handlers on a windy day....nope this year I'm tempted by Rock 107. Other than watching them practice after drinking a few Michelob Irish Red Ale's, what could be more entertaining than watching Jay, John & Ruthie operating segue-scooters in the parade. I'll be sure to Tivo the parade so I can slow down the moment when "by-the-book-Betty" Ruthie finds herself and her segue face-to-face with some horsie land mines....bet you hadn't thought of that guys...

Cheers & wear a helmet....May the pot of gold you run over not be filled with straw...

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).