Chip the Beer Guy Rock 107 - Troegs Hopback

Today's show quickly went "down under" again, and as much as everyone enjoyed the Krikees, the dingos and the arse jokes, I'll try to please all the Sheila's out there and avoid the Aussie-speak. Truth be told I'm about 8-hours away from laying on the beach for a week and I'm already sliding into vacation-mode. Today the boys (this term of course affectionately includes Ruthie) tasted three more Aussie gift beers...Matilda Bay Redback Wheat, Matilda Bay Beez Neez Honey Wheat and Gage Road Lager, and apparently they loved them. Perhaps the only exception was the "smoked-almond" taste they picked up in the Redback.

Now oddly enough, the real beer of the day was one of my favorites and one of the first beers I've ever heard Ruthie really not care for. Now I'll admit that I personally love Troegs Hopback Amber, and I'll admit it's one of the beers that I'll be drinking as I lay on the beach (did I mention that was in heading for the beach in about 8 hours!), but I was shocked to hear Ruthie not like it at all. Oh well...I guess perhaps hoppy beers are not her favorites, and I certainly agree with her on fruity-beers...but my beloved Hopback? Ruthie...you have forsaken me!

Anyway....quote of the day has to go to Dave....after insulting Aborigines worldwide he decided to complete the dis-respect and say he loves their "Aborigine & Fitch clothing."

Cheers guys...very funny...and I will miss next weeks show (did I mention the beach), so please try not to be funny. Maybe one of my readers can contribute next weeks review...

To hear Chip's PodCast or watch the still blurry Video CLICK HERE

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).