19 December 2016
From Starr Hill:
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA – (December 19, 2017) Starr Hill Brewery is heading out on tour in 2017 with a setlist of beers featuring nine new brands across three rotating series. The New Year will also see the return of some old favorites, along with several limited release variety packs.
All Access Series showcases some of the Starr Hill’s most unique and inspired beers. Each release in this series will be available in 4-packs and on draft.
- Double Bass Double Chocolate Stout (January) is brewed with generous cocoa additions for a mocha aroma with a bittersweet chocolate and dark fruit finish.
- Hop Buzz Coffee IPA (April) is dry-hopped with whole coffee beans for a roasty aroma with subtle coffee flavor and citrus hops on the finish.
- Resinate Imperial Red IPA (July) brewed with specialty malts for a ruby-red hue and firm maltiness, and American hops imparting citrus aroma and flavor.
- Little Red RooStarr Coffee Cream Stout (October) is a full-bodied milk stout with chocolate, caramel and coffee notes from beans roasted by Red Rooster in Floyd, VA.
Heavy Rotation Series spins an ongoing playlist of new beer and music with something fresh available in 6-packs and on draft every three months.
- Warehouse Pils (March), a draft-only release in 2016, is a German Pilsner dry-hopped with German hops, golden in color with a mildly floral flavor and a crisp malt finish.
- Sublime Citrus Wit (June) is a juicy Belgian-style witbier with real lemon and lime zest that repeats after winning a gold medal at the 2016 Virginia Brewers Cup.
- Festie Oktoberfest Lager (September), a smooth and malty tribute to the great German Märzen, makes its awaited return to 6-packs for the first time in over four years.
- Two-Tone Vanilla Porter (December) melds the aroma and flavor of real vanilla beans with the sweetness of chocolate, malt and subtle caramel notes.
Debut Series represents the first time in the spotlight for each release in this draft-only lineup, showcasing the brewing team’s passion for creating full-bodied, high-gravity beers.
- Scotch Ale (January) is characterized by its huge malty nose and features a full, sweet palate with very little hop bitterness.
- Denali Double IPA (April) highlights the fruity aroma of Denali hops.
- Farmhouse IPA (July) blends American hops with spicy notes from the French yeast.
- Russian Imperial Stout (October) for the holidays with special ingredients to be announced.
Starr Hill will release its first Spring Tour Variety Pack in 2017, joining the brewery’s lineup of seasonal variety 12-packs of bottles. Spring Tour’s debut will feature Grateful Pale Ale, Reviver Red IPA, The Love Wheat Beer, and Warehouse Pils and kicks off February 1. Several limited release variety packs will follow throughout 2017, including the return of the Four Kings IPA Pack with all-new variants of King of Hop Imperial IPA.
To find where Starr Hill beers are available, visit www.StarrHill.com/Beer-Finder.