WILK Friday BeerBuzz–16 Sept 2011 (Stegmaier Pumpkin Ale w/Leo Orlandini)

WILKFridayBeerbuzz3I’ll admit it was hard to postpone last weeks Friday BeerBuzz, but given the magnitude of the flooding in our area, it was an easy decision.  With so many friends and neighbors in harm’s way, it was the right thing to do. 

To make up for last week I thought we’d do a special show today.  I’m always happy when I can feature a local beer, from our local brewery and welcome the master brewer himself into the studio to sample it with us….and today we made that happen.  Joining us to sample the new Stegmaier Pumpkin Ale was our very own Lion Brewery master brewer Leo Orlandini.  Leo has been with us before to feature Oktoberfest, and we’ve also had a great time featuring Stegmaier Summer Stock & Holiday Warmer, but it was especially exciting today to feature a brand new beer in the Stegmaier lineup.

imagePumpkin Ale was added to the latest lineup of Stegmaier Seasonal beers, and for me it also carries the distinction of being the first Stegmaier brew to carry the new label design that I’ve held in my hand.  Recently the Lion Brewery did an overhaul on all of their Stegmaier labels, so I can honestly say it was fun to see one in person, and I think they look great.

FridayBeerBuzzLeoOrlandini16Sept 2011Pumpkin Ale is a 5.5% fall beer, and it has a great subtle combination of pumpkin & spiced flavor.  I like the balance Leo found in this brew between the distinct fall flavors you’d expect in a traditional fall beer and the subtle flavors that make it very drinkable.  Not too much pumpkin, not too much fall spices, and just the right amount of flavor and body to carry you into cooler temperatures.

Thank you

to Leo Orlandini from Lion Brewery, Nancy, John, Joe, and Bosco for yet another fun Friday. 

The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together

As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

52 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Lion and Leo Orlandini have nailed the concept. The Steg Pumpkin Ale is a perfect blend of pumpkin and spice. Some pumpkin beers are a bit over the top and the pumpkin stays with you after the glass is empty.Steg Pumpkin Ale, just right!

    Great job as always Leo, love the packaging too! Thank you for being on the show.

    Thanks Bill for putting it all together week in and week out.

    And thank you for listening to The Friday BeerBuzz on WILK 103.1FM!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John. I agree....a great balanced pumpkin spiced ale for sure....and thanks to Leo Orlandini for joining us on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed you guys last week. Cheers and welcome back. I love Steg Pumpkin!

    Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fall pumpkin beers and Steg's is one of my top 2 or 3 favorites. Keep up the good work Leo.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the show and thank you for the update on our local beer bizs. I didn't realize Aurants is open or that River St was so bad. Terrible news for our area.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great show with another local brewer. I don't know how you guys at WILK do it but the show is doing an amazing job of highlight local beer. Cheers! Ron

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just tasted Steg Pumpkin last night and I already bought a case. You guys were sure right about the price and the quality of the beer. Cheers Leo. Eric T (Pittston)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun show. We missed listening to the show last week but you did the right thing. Hey where's the John Trogner video from 2 weeks ago? I wante dot watch it back. Robert

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Robert. We're working on the Troegs video. We had a technical issue with the computer used to convert the HD camera video and we're awaiting some repair. Thanks for being patient...I'm anxious to see it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look forward to the show every week and you guys never let me down. I'll have to try this one. I've never had a pumpkin beer but if you guys recommend it, I have to try it. Thank you.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Try it Amy. It's a great beer.
    Steven Arnaught

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Steve, Steg Pumpkin is an amazing fall beer. JJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice show. Can't wait for next week's event. See you there. Ray

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Ray...and yes mark you calendars for 9/23. The event is out there on FaceBook now http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=192785690793202

    Come join us 9/23 5-7PM @ Krugel's Georgetown Deli for a very special Stone Brewery tasting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you ask Leo about the overdue return of Liebotschaner Cream Ale?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This has win written all over it. Great show today with Leo from Lion and a free stone beer tasting event next Friday! WIN!

    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  17. Does Krugel's have Steg Pumpkin?
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marty...you bet they do. Tonight's tasting is Stegmaier Oktoberfest @ Krugel's...so get on down and sample some Steg Oktoberfest...and of course take some Steg Pumpkin home.

    ReplyDelete
  19. See you next week!
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've really enjoyed the Stegmaier summer stock and now I'm excited to transition to fall with their new brew. I'll pick some up tonight and let you know.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really enjoy hearing Leo representing Stegmaier brewery so well. I think their beers are so underrated and they deserve the great publicity. Cheers Leo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The new labels look great....and Lieb coming soon! Cannot wait.

    Alan J

    ReplyDelete
  23. I sa wthe labels on your site before and I can say they look even better in person. Congrats to everyone at Lion for a great new package.
    Barry Weiss

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice show. I agree with Barry that the new stuff looks great. Can't wait to see more.

    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  25. I did ask Lee....and Leo did say Lieb is definitely coming soon. Check out the video when we post it for his exact words.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We missed the video from Troegs. My friends and I all sit around on Sat and watch it every week so I can;t wait for today's show. But I do understand that computers Suck!
    Mike M

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glad to hear it Mike. We're working on Troegs and there may be a bit of a delay since we had to film on Nancy's iPhone. With VP Biden in town our other cameras were occupied!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I never miss a show but I'm glad to see you posponed the show for the flooding last week. I'm sure beer will play a role in the recovery, cleanup and sanity of the homeowners so we're glad to have you back.

    TonyG

    ReplyDelete
  29. Excellent beer choice today guys. You should feature more Lion beers too.

    Dave (Beaumont)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks Dave. We have featured Oktoberfest, Winter Warmer, Pumpkin, Summer Stock and even a few of their contract beers but we're always happy to have them come on.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Apple peaches pumpkin pie! Bosco you rock!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  32. I agree...Bosco does rock and I loved the music today too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. The VIDEO is UP!!!

    wilknewsradio.com

    Thanks Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  34. The video looks great. How do I get to come in to the studio and taste with you guys?

    Rob JJ

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks Rob...we're still working out how to make that happen. In the mean time you can certainly join us NEXT FRIDAY 9/23 5-7PM @ Krugel's to sample a special Stone Brewery beer an say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lieb Cream ale was always a favorite. Thank for the breaking Liebotschaner news.
    Art

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great beer today Bill really made a good choice and of course Leo was fun to hear from. Cheers to Bosco for apples peaches pumpkin pie.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks Joe (and yes a big thank you to Bosco and Leo too)!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I was lucky enough to meet Leo at a brewery tour many years ago and he was nice enough to stop what he was doing and talk to our group. A really nice gentleman to all of us on the tour and I've been drinking and loving Stegmaier ever since. I like the new IPA but Amber will always be my beer.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  40. My father and his father both drank Stegmaier & Gibbons. I've also met Leo noce or twice and I'm also a lifetime Steg drinker. Support your local brewery and ring a ding ding too.

    Frankie W

    ReplyDelete
  41. hell my father drank Gibbons returnable up until a year or so ago. I finally convinced him to try Lionshead and he loves it. Cheers to Leo and everyone at Lion for making generations of great beer. (David in WB)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love craft beer, but I also love the look on a craft beer lover when I show off some Steg IPA. Boy how overlooked Steg is. Give it a try if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Most people don't know how good Stegmaier IPA and Pale Ale are. Craft bee rlovers should given them a try. I'll bet the Pumpkin is first class to, but I'll have to try it to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I had it last weekend and Pumpkin Ale is really good. Rob

    ReplyDelete
  45. And it's available at quite a few places locally....try it for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I really like to see WILK supporting local breweries like Lion. I think it speaks well for our area and I know we're proud of Lion too.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love fall & pumpkin beers so I'll have to try this one. My wife likes pumpkin beers too so maybe I can get her to go buy some wink wink. Carl

    ReplyDelete
  48. How come you couldn't get Joe Biden on the show?
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  49. Well we did ask before and during the show today, but I suspect the VP had more important business today AJ. We'd rather he help out the flood victims.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Good point. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  51. In fact the very 2nd show we ever did, the BeerBuzz followed a phone interview with Joe Biden.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks again to everyone. I just realized we hit 55-comments on today's show post. We appreciate your participation for sure and I thank Leo Orlandini from Lion brewery for bringing in such a great beer. Cheers everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).