WILK Friday BeerBuzz–River House Brewing Co (Alpha Deuce IPA & Strawberry Wheat)

WILKFridayBerbuzz15I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…I really enjoy meeting new local brewers and sampling their beers.  We always get great insight into the beer, some interesting facts about hot it’s brewed and some great tasting notes about the flavors and ingredients involved.

For today’s show we welcomed Bart Rieppel brewmaster from The River House Brewpub in Milton PA.  River House is a relatively new brew pub that just opened up along the Susquehanna river across from Lewisburg.  River House not only features 8-10 beer brewed in-house by Bart, but also really great, predominantly-Italian cuisine by Mancino.  Bart also has a really great pub club that gets you great deals on beer and exclusive brewpub event invitations as well….so be sure to stop down and have a pint.

imageBart was nice enough to bring up his flagship brew, Alpha Deuce Imperial IPA, along with his NEW Strawberry Wheat for us to sample.  Alpha Deuce is a relatively big beer at 7.5% ABV, but it’s easy drinking hoppy-character easily hide any boozy flavors you might expect.  Alpha Deuce is loaded with citrus flavor with just enough malt to balance it out.  This is the flagship beer for the new River House brewpub and I can see why.  The new Strawberry Wheat was a delicious summery wheat beer that I can really picture enjoying out on the deck or next to the pool (if I had one.)  It’s an easy drinking brew with just enough Strawberry flavor to accent the character of the wheat, and just the right body and ABV to make it a perfect summer beer.



imageBart also brews two other different wheat beers (Street Light Wheat & High Water Hefe) a porter (Canal Porter), an English ESB (Suzy’s ESB), a red (Buggytown Red) ale, a Hoppy pale ale (Hopscale Pale Ale), a Kolsch (Lazy Days), a Scottish Ale (Highlander) as well as a nitro-pushed west coast IPA (Nitro Blaster IPA)…and I can tell you everything I’ve tasted has been a very solid brew….so get down to Milton and check out River House Brewpub for yourself.

Thanks

to  Bart Rieppel, John, Joe, Karel and Bosco for yet another fun Friday. 

The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together

As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

50 comments (click to read or post):

  1. I remembered the name, Alpha Deuce IPA, from my visit to Bloomsburg for the Taming of the Brew in 2010. I remembered too that it got my vote for the best beer at the event! Bart Rieppel has a masterpiece on his hands if you're an IPA lover and so you'll need to check out the River House Brewpub in Milton to try it yourself. Trust me, if you like a hoppy, citrus, hint of caramel IPA, you'll be happy you made the trip.

    Thanks as always to Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com for another great show and here's to your vacation!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John...and I agree...this is a great IPA and well worth the ride down to Milton to try it fresh on draft at the Riverhouse Brewpub....Thanks again Bart for joining us on the air today....we look forward to having you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice show guys. I was a regular at Abbey Wright and now I regulary make the ride over to Milton to Ribverhouse brewery. I'm a big fam of Alpha Deuce and I was extatic to hear Bart on the radio. You guys at WILK are doing a great job of showcasing the great local brewing talent we have in PA. Don't forget how great Bart's Buggytown Rad is too!

    Tom T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos! I'm amazed at how many great guests you guys get. Bart was a fun guest and I'll definitely mak ethe ride down to Milton to visit Riverhouse!

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fun show buzzers! Even without Nancy. Cheers to Riverhouse and Bart. I wasn't aware of Riverhouse so the Mrs and I will be heading down ther for father's day (YAY ME!)

    Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys at WILK keep turning me on to some great beer and now you're also helping me find our great local brewpubs. My husband has already requested we visit River House and I'll be sure ot take him there. Thank you Bill & Bart.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers buzzers. I love Alpha Deuse Imperial. I drive down to Milton from WB every other week or so to get it and I thought it was a well kept secret. Bart deserves the praise for a great beer. Thank you WILK,


    Jason P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another local brewer on WILK! Yay guys this is great and we'll be sure to head down and support Bart!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice show gents! I have a gorwler of Bart's Kolsch right now and the wife and I plan to enjoy it later on the deck. Bart's beers have been fantastic and I look forward to trying the Strawberry Whet you guys sampled today.

    Joe (Milton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We missed Bosco. What was the music today?!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone and thanks Kay. Chris did a great job today with our somewhat complicated show setup...and the music was a bit early...it was supposed to be the beach boys little deuce coupe for Alpha Deuce IPA....instead he hit on the name of the brewpub...all fun for sure and we thanmk Chris for helping us out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love the beer choices and I can;t believe how many great guests you get. Cheers Bart & River House!

    James

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does Bart brew dark beer?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You bet..in fact he has a Porter on tap now.

    http://riverhousebrewpub.com/beers.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Strawberry hweat sounded so good I may make my husband drive me down on Saturday.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I took the ride down right after Riverhouse opened. The food is predominantly Italian, but very good and the beer is outstanding. We were actually there for the release of Strawberry Wheat on Thursday and Alpha is my favorite. I laughed when I heard you guys choos ethe same two. Nice show WILK and good for Bart & RHouse!

    Mark Hearnd

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bart's Canal Porter is my favorite. Go check it out.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool to hear my favorite local brewer on the radio. Cheers to WILK for making that happen! Rck on Riverhouse & Bart and bring back the Nitro IPA!

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  19. Add another destination to my father's day weeken trip with Dad. We'll stop by on Sat Bart! Arney & Jack

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's no Keith's but having a great local brewer with fresh local IPA's & Wheats on tap is the next best thing! I'm kidding in case you missed the other mess. Riverhouse is a great local brewpub and Bart's beers are 1st class. Alpha Deuce is amazing and one of my favorites. I haven't tried the Strawberry Wheat but Bart's other Wheats have been fantastic.

    Jim KO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Funny Jim! and thanks to WILK for bringing us a 1st class beer show with yet another great guest and beer. I have not visited yet (sorry Bart), but now I can't wait to come down. Cheers!


    mark (WB)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Booyah to WILK. Great show!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How long before we see Riverhouse brews up our way?

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stay tuned JT....you'll hear it here first when Bart makes that move.

    ReplyDelete
  25. More fun that humans should be allowed to have. You guys have my dream job!

    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nancy missed a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hopefully Nancy is enjoying a proper pint of hand-drawn Fullers in London.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your theme beers and Bart was great. IPA's and summer Wheats! My favorite beers. I'll have to take my growlers down for a refill.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great show buze crew. I think it is fantastic that you help promote craft beer and the great brewmasters like Bart that brew it. I drove down for the opening of Riverhouse and really liked the Alpha Deuce. Nice shoice and nice brewing Bart.

    Thom --Hughestown, PA

    ReplyDelete
  30. Did bart bring growlers?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes anon....you can check out the video at fridaybeerbuzz.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Maybe you can get Ex-congressman Weiner on the show.

    Art

    ReplyDelete
  33. What beer would we feature Art?

    ReplyDelete
  34. How about Full Sail? :)
    Art

    ReplyDelete
  35. I may regret this...but it is brewed locally:

    http://mybeerbuzz-wbbrewing.blogspot.com/2010/11/lion-brewerylabel-fun-boner-sun-kissed.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. LMAO

    You win hands down Bill

    Art

    ReplyDelete
  37. I never saw that beer but it's perfect for a Weiner show.

    Lew J

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for introducing yet another great local brewer. I'll definitely stop down for a pint.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  39. You guys are kicking beer-ass lately. Call me Statistition-Steve but as I count it you've had great guests on 9 of the last 12 shows! I don't know what you're doing to get them, but keep it up!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  40. And 14 guests out of 24 shows since Jan 1st Steve...but who's counting. Thank you to all of our great guests!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Be sure to check out not only today's video but also our entire Friday BeerBuzz Video Archive!

    http://mybeerbuzz-fridaybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/05/wilk-friday-beerbuzzvideo-archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  42. Cheers Bart! I really enjoy your Alpha Deuce too.

    Ben (Milton, PA)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I really like watching back the video. This week was funny too but the beer made me thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Cheers and nice show.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I LOVE the Video Archive! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Cool I just watched back some of the shows from January. Didn't realize you had Chris Troegner on. One of my favorite breweries and my absolute favorite beer Nugget Nectar.

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  47. And Steve Mash too!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I'm a long time craft beer lover and first time listener. I just found your blog yesterday and I love it. I've been watching a bunch of the shows form the archive and I'm amazed at how good you guys are and I didn't even know about the show. Consider me hooked and I can't wait for next Friday. I also plan to visit River House to try the ipa next weekend.


    Chris Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thanks everyone...and welcome aboard Chris. Be sure to stop down to the Riverhouse Brewpub in Milton and try all of Bart's beers....thanks again Bart!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).