Mybeerbuzz Highlights Nutista Nut Butter - Stone Tangerine Express IPA

Mybeerbuzz Highlights Nutista Nut Butter - Stone Tangerine Express IPAIf you didn’t happen to catch the news, Stone co-founder Greg Koch has joined with the Carlsbad, CA nut butter company Nutista to make some really interesting beer-based nut butters.  This innovative nut butter / beer collaboration has resulted in some unique nut butters created with two of Stone Brewing’s beers.

Now I’ll readily admit that I get excited when new beer arrives at Mybeerbuzz Headquarters, but when a new beer AND an innovative new nut butter arrive together, I just couldn’t wait to open the box.

I’ve always loved good peanut butter, but on a recent hiking trip to six national parks in 2017, I became a huge fan of nut butters.  After a 3-mile trek down the South Kaibab trail into the Grand Canyon, we stopped for lunch.  After realizing I only packed a small jar of almond butter, I was amazed at how much I enjoyed lunch and how much I craved that almond butter for the rest of the trip.  Flash forward 12-months and you’ll never find less than three nut butters in my ‘fridge…so yes I’m a BIG fan.Mybeerbuzz Highlights Nutista Nut Butter Made w/Stone Brewing Beer

I decided to launch into the Nutista / Stone Tangerine Express IPA Nutbutter…and yes the word “launch” is pretty accurate.  I like nut butters straight up so I spent some time alone with my spoon and this Tangerine Express-based nut butter.  There’s some irony in the fact that this nut butter is “Stone”-Ground, but all kidding aside, the texture this process creates is very satisfying…creamy with a big pleasant grainy-ness I really liked.  Tangerine Express IPA Nut butter is made with almonds, peanuts, malt extract, tangerine, pineapple, Himalayan sea salt and even Brewer’s yeast and my first taste really reminded me of a PB&J sandwich.  There’s a subtle fruit presence that I really liked and the balance of almonds and peanuts made for a really satisfying flavor and texture.  After a few spoonful's, I decided to add a real Stone Tangerine Express IPA into the mix.  And if that wasn’t enough, I decided to break out some toasted whole wheat sourdough I baked last weekend.  To say the combination was heavenly would be an understatement.  The IPA cut nicely through the nut butter texture and really complemented the tangerine and pineapple flavors found in the nut butter.  I really loved this combination of flavors and I suspect my jar of Nutista / Stone Tangerine Express IPA Nutbutter won’t last very long (yes I attacked the jar with a spoon just before bed time).

I’ve tried, but beyond “nom nom nom,” there are no words to describe how much I enjoyed this nut butter.  As a post mortem, the jar lasted less than 24 hours in my ‘fridge and yes I’ll be ordering more Nutista nut butters (and you should too).  Just like beer, they offer year-round releases, collaboration releases, experimental releases and even a club memberships.

Be sure to try Nutista / Stone Tangerine Express IPA Nutbutter for yourself.  I’d also strongly suggest you pair the Tangerine Express with a Stone Tangerine Express IPA. Also be sure to cruise the Nutista Website and see for yourself how much more there is out there beyond the simple peanut butter most people are used to.  I promise when you do try this nut butter, you too will be hooked and you’ll never look at nut butter the same.  You can also find the Stone Collaboration nut butters at the stone brewing shop on-line as well as select specialty grocery stores in southern California.  I should also mention that these nut butters contain no added cane sugar or palm oil and they are made in small batches in Carlsbad, CA.

Cheers and a big thank you to Nutista and Stone for giving me the opportunity to try this nut butter and here’s a video from Greg Koch and Nutista introducing the collaborations.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).