22 December 2016
From New Holland:
New Holland Brewing Co. | December 22, 2016--
New Holland Brewing, set to celebrate their 20th anniversary in 2017, announces today its 2017 brewing calendar and new additions to its year-round lineup. 2017 will focus on expanding distribution of New Holland Brewing’s core beer lineup including Dragon’s Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout, Mad Hatter Midwest IPA, The Poet Oatmeal Stout, and Hoptronix Double IPA, while bringing fresh, new core items to market and continuing to build on an already strong Dragon’s Milk Reserve program.
“As we sneak up on 20 years in the craft brewing business, it’s hard not to sit back and reflect for a minute or two. It’s a worthwhile endeavor to look back at where you started, what you learned and who joined you on the adventure,” said Brett VanderKamp, Co-founder and President. “That includes reflecting on our beers too, we’re looking closely at the brands where we want to accomplish more vs. where we want to try something new.”
The New Holland Brewing lineup is focused on five categories, listed here with notable highlights:
- Here, you will find the addition of Hoptronix Double IPA and Lost Dune Golden Ale. Released in 2016 as a Summer Seasonal, Lost Dune struck a cord with consumers thanks to its subtle blueberry and coriander flavors that reflect the beauty of Michigan’s gorgeous Left Coast.
- Tasmanian Hatter, a galaxy-hopped IPA and recent member of the Hatter Family of beers will distribute as a Summer Seasonal with placements from May – July. New Holland will also introduce a 5th Seasonal, a Belgian Dubbel out Oct – Nov, set to feature cranberry notes.
- Dragon’s Milk Reserves
- Released quarterly, four Dragon’s Milk Reserves will follow the footsteps of 2016 releases. These variants pair the flavors and complexity of Dragon’s Milk with complementary, new flavor combinations or barrel-aging techniques. New Holland’s first quarter Reserve, releasing in January, will be Dragon’s Milk Reserve: Triple Mash, known for it’s intense flavor and ABV.
- The sour lineup kicks off in January with our classic sour ale, Blue Sunday. This year’s iteration of Incorrigible Reserve will feature Mango & Pineapple.
- A new limited beer, a honey porter in style, will be presented in September.
“On the whole, we are looking to 2017 as a renewed commitment to fresh, innovative ideas, while using our twenty years of experience to make smart decisions and brew killer beers,” VanderKamp continued. “Two decades of beer is pretty special and we’re excited for our offerings, both new and old.”