Mybeerbuzz.com Highlights Harpoon UFO Apricadabra

Mybeerbuzz.com Highlights Harpoon UFO Apricadabra

I like apricot beers.  There…I said it.  There’s something about the flavors, the balance of apricot, hops and malt that just makes me happy.  So today I am very happy.

As you can see we’re going to not only be sampling an apricot beer, but a new and exciting apricot Hefeweizen from Harpoon’s UFO line of “unfiltered offerings.”

This is UFO Apricadabra and it is the new spring seasonal coming to the UFO lineup.  We brought you a peek at this beer back in Sept, so I started anxiously awaiting my sample over three months ago….so off we go.

The beer pours a traditional unfiltered cloudy light orange and the apricot certainly leads in the nose.  Thanks in part to the fresh apricot puree, this beer has a very fresh aroma and very real apricot taste.  Harpoon uses words like “subtle” and “just a hint” but I found the apricot to be pleasantly prominent, at least more than I thought it would be.  Apricadabra is bright, refreshing and very drinkable so I wasn’t surprised how quickly I found the bottom of my pint glass approaching.  The beer finishes slightly sweet but with the balance and flavors of a traditional Hefeweizen.  All-in-all my only suggestion would be to re-release this beer in summer when I can take a 12-pack to the beach.

Mybeerbuzz.com Highlights Harpoon UFO Apricadabra

Overall this is a really nice beer, and it has to be hands-down one of my favorite UFO releases.  Apricadabra is available now in 12oz cans and bottles and as part of the UFO Jet Pack spring variety pack….so get out there and try some.  And when you do, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).