Stella Artois Cidre Says "Welcome To Cidre Season" With Picnic-Perfect Activations At The 2017 Nantucket Wine & Food Festival
16 May 2017
NEW YORK, May 16, 2017 Stella Artois welcomes outdoor entertaining season by showcasing its perfectly balanced European-style cider, Stella Artois Cidre, as an official sponsor of the 2017 Nantucket Wine & Food Festival - one of the nation's most celebrated food and beverage events.
Perfect for summer soirees, Stella Artois Cidre is a refreshing cider that pairs a soft, fruity sweetness with a crisp dryness. Subtly sweet and delightfully dry, the well-balanced cider pairs perfectly with a bleu cheese or creamy brie, making Stella Artois Cidre the ideal alternative to white wine and rosé. Consumers have responded well to its differentiated taste; in fact, Stella Artois Cidre is up more than 50 percent in volume sales year over year and is also the fastest growing share gainer in the category, according to IRI data.
As part of this summer's campaign, Stella Artois is encouraging America to think Stella Artois Cidre when they think of outdoor dining during the warmer months - or what the iconic Belgian brand is calling Cidre Season. From picnic-perfect afternoons to alfresco brunch and s'mores under the stars, Stella Artois Cidre - available nationwide in 12-ounce bottles in 6-packs and 12-packs 16-ounce cans - is this summer's go-to beverage for outdoor dining and entertaining.
"Stella Artois Cidre's unique and refreshing flavor profile sets it apart from other ciders and makes it ideal for the warmer months," says Harry Lewis, vice president, Stella Artois. "We know from our research that once people experience Stella Artois Cidre, they are overwhelmingly inclined to choose it again. That's why we're thrilled to give Nantucket Wine & Food Festival attendees their first opportunity to experience the brand, inspiring them to choose Stella Artois Cidre throughout the spring and summer.
Foodies Join Stella Artois Cidre to Kick-off Cidre Season at the Nantucket Wine & Food Festival
Nantucket Wine & Food Festival attendees will have the opportunity to experience Stella Artois and Stella Artois Cidre at multiple memorable activations hosted by the brand from May 17-21, 2017, including:
- Stella Artois Cidre activations at the Welcome Reception, VIP Harbor Gala and all three Grand Tastings sessions, hosted alfresco at the iconic White Elephant Hotel.
- A Stella Artois footprint at the Culinary Marketplace and Harbor Breakfasts, where food lovers can enjoy some of the most engaging and interactive events at the festival and gather picnic-perfect summer entertaining inspiration from cooking demonstrations, tastings, and more.
- Stella Artois' exclusive beer and cider sponsorship of the Sunday Jazz Brunch, where local and national chefs will celebrate the final day of the festival with an extensive menu inspired by Stella Artois Cidre
To further position Stella Artois Cidre as the leading beverage for outdoor entertaining this season, the brand partnered with a number of chefs to design one-of-a-kind Stella Artois Cidre cocktails perfect for picnic tables across the country.
Stella Artois Cidre Blackberry Spritz
Credit: Anna Worgess, Bar Manager (Nantucket, MA)
A tart and refreshing summer cocktail, the Stella Artois Cidre Blackberry Spritz pairs the perfectly balanced taste of Stella Artois Cidre with the seasonal flavor of fresh blackberries.
- 12 oz. Stella Artois Cidre
- 3/4 oz. Blackberry-Elderflower Shrub
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp. dried elderflower clusters
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
Rinse 4 cups of fresh blackberries and crush slightly in mixing bowl. Add 2 cups of sugar and 2 tbsp. elderflower clusters. Refrigerate for 48 hours, mashing berries occasionally. After 48 hours, blend the mixture and strain out the pulp and seeds. Add ½ champagne vinegar to the strained mixture and stir well.
Add 3/4 oz. Blackberry-Elderflower Shrub to 12 oz. Stella Artois Cidre.
Upside Down Stella Artois Cidre
Credit: Jess Goldfarb, Cocktail Director (Nantucket, MA)
A modern take on the upside down cake in cocktail form, the Upside Down Stella Artois Cidre combines the sweetness of pineapple with notes of spiced chai and citrus for a picnic perfect pitcher serving.
- 2.5 oz. simple syrup
- 2.5 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 3-3/4 oz. pineapple juice
- 20 dashes chai bitters
- 1 bottle Stella Artois Cidre
- Fresh lemon twists and pineapple to garnish
- Fresh pineapple
Mix 2.5 oz. simple syrup, 2.5 oz. fresh lemon juice and 3-3/4 oz. pineapple juice with 20 dashes of chai bitters in large pitcher over ice. Top with one bottle of Stella Artois Cidre. Garnish with fresh lemon twists and fresh pineapple when poured into glass.
From the Shores of Nantucket to Homes Nationwide
In addition to its sponsorship of the festival in Nantucket, Stella Artois will showcase its European-style cider as the perfect summer drink to consumers across the country through multi-channel online and offline activations all summer long:
- National Television Advertisement and Media Campaign: This spring, the brand released a television commercial that brings the world of Stella Artois Cidre to life through an alfresco modern picnic featuring a whimsical musical trio interacting with apple-inspired vignettes. To support the new creative, a national media campaign will run for 28 weeks with weekly digital and social content and 14 weeks of television advertising.
- Picnic-Perfect Inspiration: Stella Artois Cidre will encourage consumers to host their own outdoor gatherings through an inspiring series of Facebook and Instagram videos that showcase the ultimate settings for picnics and other iconic summer experiences with the perfectly balanced taste of Stella Artois Cidre.
- The Infatuation Partnership: Through a custom sponsorship of The Infatuation's Summer Guides, fans in New York City and Los Angeles will be able to find the perfect places to enjoy a bite to eat – and a Stella Artois Cidre – outdoors.
- FOOD & WINE Festivals: Consumers can experience Stella Artois Cidre at 15 additional FOOD & WINE events throughout the summer, including in Los Angeles, San Diego, Greenwich and Chicago, where the cider and the brand's Belgian lager will be brought to life in interactive activations.