24 November 2016
Today we get to see the latest packaging for two returning beers from Bell’s Brewery. Quinannan Falls is an India-style pale lager that will remain at 6.3%-AbV. This is the new 12oz Ball can. We also have the return of Mars Double IPA. Mars (the bringer of war) is inspired by Gustav Holst and the beer hits 10.1%-AbV. This beer will return in 12oz bottles.
Full details from Bell’s:
Our 2017 release calendar features archive favorites, a new bottled beer and quite a few specialties.
“We have a lot of exciting plans for next year and we wanted to give our fans and partners a preview,” Laura Bell, Bell’s Vice President and Co-owner said.
Mars, The Bringer of War, will return for its second appearance. Mars was part of our limited seven-part Planets Series, inspired by the music of Gustav Holst. This Double IPA will see greater distribution than in 2014, but will still be limited. It will ship in April.
Hell Hath No Fury … Ale, a Belgian-inspired Dark Ale, will also return from the Bell’s archive in September.
“A few of our favorites will be taking a break, but aren’t being permanently retired,” she said.
We also reserve the right to add a few surprises, she added.
As previously announced, Am I Right or Amarillo, an American IPA made with 100% Amarillo® hops, will ship exclusively to Texas when we launch our 31st state in early March.
One of our specialty stouts will also make its debut in bottles in the fall. Additional details will be announced at a later date.
Oberon, our seasonal American wheat ale, will return on March 27. Five-liter mini-kegs will start shipping in May. Oberon will be the only Bell’s beer to be released in mini-kegs in 2017.
Year round beers (Amber, Two Hearted, Third Coast Beer, Oatsmobile, Oarsman, Lager of the Lakes, Kalamazoo Stout and Porter) and other Bell’s seasonals (Smitten, Best Brown and Winter White) will all return.
Other returning specialties:
- JANUARY: Hopslam (12 oz. cans and draught)
- FEBRUARY: Consecrator Doppelbock (12 oz. bottles and draught)
- MAY: Pooltime – Belgian-inspired Wheat Ale brewed with cherry juice (12 oz. cans and draught)
- JUNE: Quinannan Falls India Pale Lager (12 oz. cans and draught)
- SEPTEMBER: Octoberfest Beer (12 oz. bottles and draught)
- SEPTEMBER: Special Double Cream Stout (12 oz. bottles and draught)
- SEPTEMBER: Roundhouse India Red Ale (12 oz. cans and draught)
- SEPTEMBER: Expedition Stout (12 oz. bottles and draught)
- SEPTEMBER: Third Coast Old Ale (12 oz. bottles and draught)
- NOVEMBER: Cherry Stout (12 oz. bottles and draught)
- NOVEMBER: Christmas Ale (12 oz. bottles and draught)
- DECEMBER: Eccentric Ale (12 oz. bottles and draught) – Bell’s General Store and Eccentric Café release only (Kalamazoo)