28 October 2016
From Modern TImes:
We are stoked out of our frickin’ minds to announce the next major research facility in our ongoing investigation into the art of partying: Leisuretown. Prepare your mind, body, and soul for a garden of earthly delights that will span over 31,927 square feet in downtown Anaheim.
We’ve been covertly working with the geniuses at The LAB (the urban development masterminds behind the Anaheim Packing District, LAB Anti-Mall, and the CAMP) to create a mind-bending craft beer mecca such as the world has never seen. Here’s what we’ve got planned:
- A gorgeous funky/sour brewing facility chock-full of foeders, amphora, and various experimental fermenting vessels, housed in a jaw-dropping old hoop-style wooden warehouse.
- A showpiece Modern Times café & restaurant set in an utterly charming two-story, historic craftsman home
- Stalls serving food from some of SoCal’s most kickass restaurateurs
- A giant frickin’ swimming pool, complete with poolside bar, movie screen, and sweet floaty toys
- A delightful and convenient Modern Times merch store & bottle pick-up location
For those of you already typing up a “What happened to L.A.?” email, breathe easy. The Dankness Dojo in downtown L.A. is still very much happening, and its timeline will not be affected whatsoever by this new, radical addition. It’s taken us a little longer to jump through the requisite hoops in L.A. than we anticipated, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to stop making rad stuff in the meantime. We’ll have more specific updates on both locations coming soon.
The last three years have given us the opportunity to create some real magic, and we cannot wait to unleash our next two weird little pockets of radness on our friends to the north. You can check out the concept sketch above.
IN IMPOSSIBLY TASTY BEER NEWS, we have a new stunner hitting BPT in November in the form of Blam! Blam! IPA. The progeny of an earlier collab with the homies at New Zealand's Garage Project, the next edition of our canned special release program is a 16-ounce mouth party of unrivaled proportions. Packed with Nelson, Amarillo, and whole-cone Denali hops, this breathtaking beverage sports an explosively aromatic profile bursting with layers of lush, hoppy fruit. This beautiful beverage will hit BPT on November 14th along with a bunch of killer bottles. More info coming soon.