13 October 2016
Swipe beers to swap beers and discover a community driven by craft beer enthusiasts from all across the
Brewswap is the first craft beer trading app of its kind that will feature a prominent profile reputation system
based on feedback scores as well as the ability to swipe on “for trade” photos from across the country or
near your current location. The app is now available for iOS with plans to expand to the Android platform
later this year.
The goal of the Brewswap app is to provide users with a fun and convenient experience built for the way that
we connect today. Users simply post a photo of their FT (For Trade) on the app and swipe on other FT
photos in their feed. If both users swipe right, they are able to message each other.
By taking a simple and inviting approach, Brewswap opens the scene to newcomers who may find the other
platforms a bit intimidating in addition to the more experienced veterans. By giving users the ability to swipe
and match with each other, Brewswap eliminates trolling and influencing of any kind, allowing for people to
connect and iron out details in private without any added pressure.
The Brewswap App features:
● An innovative new social discovery experience for the craft beer trade scene: simply share, swipe,
● The trade scene should not be limited to whales or limited releases only. See brews being offered
from all across the country that weren’t even on your radar and swipe left or right depending on
what sparks your interest.
● For users that know exactly what craft beer they after, simply utilize the search feature and type in
the name of that beer or the brewery you are seeking out. Users will only be shown and swipe on
photos in their customized feeds that match the specified criteria.
● "IP Mode"(InPerson mode) which is in development, gives users the ability to specify a distance
range of profiles that they want to swipe on. This is ideal for those that like to meet up in person as
well as people who are attending releases and festivals and want to see fellow Brewswappers in
close proximity to them in real time.
● A comprehensive rating system currently in development giving users the ability to provide feedback
on their match. That feedback will be applied to a publicly shown reputation score on their profile
increasing the trust within this community.
● Many other features in the pipeline designed to build a stellar community and create a flourishing
environment where every craft beer enthusiast always has access to the beer they want with the
ability to find new beers that they never knew existed.
Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and the Brewswap community outgrew the app's initial
message platform, overwhelming our servers within the first 4 days of release and recording a staggering
12,000 swipes within that same time period. That number ballooned to 35,000 three weeks into our launch.