03 September 2016
From Evil Genius:
PHILADELPHIA, PA – With the arrival of the fourth pop-up Evil Genius Brew Garden on September 9th to the
11th, the brewery gets closer and closer to opening. Trevor Hayward, co-owner of Evil Genius Beer Company, shared
their current construction status. Their brand new, 15-barrel Specific Mechanical brewing system arrived on Front Street
on August 10th. With that now in place, their plumber and electrician are hard at work getting everything connected so
they can start their first brew.
During the past three weeks, they have also installed their cooler, garage doors for internal and external use, as well as
finished up on painting the building. Their offices on the second floor of the brewery are currently under construction
and they are expecting the stairs to arrive in another couple of weeks. They are hoping to begin test brewing (just need
water first!) at the beginning of October with a later October/early November soft opening soon to be announced.
This month at the Evil Genius Beer Company Brew Garden, we are raising money for the PSPCA Fishtown Center. The
PSPCA is the largest organization in PA to protect animals, prevent animal cruelty and improve the health and quality of
life for animals in our state. Win a special raffle basket this weekend and visit with adoptable dogs on Sunday.
The Evil Genius Brew Garden is family and dog friendly. Are you in the industry, part of a local running group or
homebrew club? We've got great discounts for you, so stop by and let the bartender know.
September 9th- Friday - Music under the El - 6pm - 11pm
• Free music in the evening under the El from the one and only Evan Cory Levine!
• Featuring different local musicians each month
• Food Trucks: Pbon's Fresh Phood and Philly Farm Truck
September 10th- Saturday - Brew Garden & Games - 6pm - 11pm
• Celebrate our anniversary with some brews at our weekend block party!
• Food Truck
• Free screening of Zoolander!
September 11th - Sunday - Brew Garden & Games - 2pm - 7pm
• The PSPCA is bring adoptable dogs to the Brew Garden for Yappy Hour
• Special DJ Set from Jersey Dan Bisogno!
• Food Truck: Wheely Wheely Good
• Outdoor games such as giant Jenga, Evil Genius corn hole and more
Last Pop-Up Weekend: October 14-16
Owners Meredith Rebar and Garrett Williams bring their knowledge of craft beer