15 September 2016
From River Horse:
Did you know...
1. Brewed with real ingredients like whole spices (whole nutmeg, cloves, fresh ginger root, Madagascar vanilla beans, cinnamon) that are literally hand-crushed by the brewers the day-of and over 100lbs of pumpkin.
2. Black Strap Molasses is added to emulate the caramelization ring where the pie filling meets the pie crust.
3. When Chris Rakow started as head brewer, this was the first recipe he developed
4. The artwork was a point of contention for River Horse owner, Chris Walsh and our illustrator. Chris insisted on a Jack-O-Lantern Hippo head and the illustrator swore it couldn’t be done. Turns out it could be done :)
5. The first year of brewing Hipp-O-Lantern, Chris Walsh bought out every store in the areas of pumpkin puree in the surrounding area. His SUV was full to the brim with pumpkin puree. It got to the point where one of our brewer’s mothers bought it from stores in NY! Oh, and each can was opened by hand.