20 September 2016
From Oskar Blues:
LONGMONT, CO, BREVARD, NC & AUSTIN, TX - B. Stiff and Sons Old Fashioned Soda Pop Company, a branch of the Oskar Blues Brewery offering the top-selling craft CAN soda in ColoRADo, announces expansion into four new markets in the U.S. (Oregon, Utah, Texas and Florida) and three international markets in the United Kingdom, Australia and Sweden. The soda sales achieved rapid growth and reports a 68% sales increase over 2015. This growth is thanks to improvements that have increased capacity by 166% in 2016, and increased soda flavors.
In 2016, the brand made the decision to invest in new and updated equipment, as well as a new production facility. New equipment includes:
- 1000 gallon stainless steel mixing tank that provides faster sugar dilution and larger, more consistent batches
- Silver State Stainless jacketed bright tank, which is made in the U.S.A. and cools the product faster for better carbonation levels and faster batch turnaround
- Hobart Buffalo Chopper for the processing of fresh ginger root
- 1000 pound CO2 tank, which allows for more consistent and higher carbonation levels
- Kinetico Three-Stage water filtration system - makes great water even better
"The recent capacity increases allowed us to be more aggressive when it comes to expanding our distribution of our one-of-a-kind hand crafted sodas, evident in the addition of 6 new markets in 2016 alone," said Sales Manager Geoff Hess.
Earlier in 2016 B. Stiff added five new flavors to its current offering of craft root beer: zingy Ginger Beer, citrusy sweet Orange Cream, redonkulously smooth Cream Soda, and sweet-and-tart Black Cherry. The original Root Beer launched in 2012 and was named after Brian Stiff, a Lyons, CO local, bike-riding buddy andfather of two, who passed away unexpectedly in February of that same year. The brew is now available in a barrel candy and a portion of all B. Stiff & Sons sales continues to provide support for the Stiff family.
B. Stiff & Sons is proud to offer these new flavors at top independent and large grocery retailers throughout these new markets, as well as in Colorado, Wyoming, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.The full line-up, including special order draft, will remain available at all Oskar Blues restaurant locations.