Mybeerbuzz.com Highlights Flying Dog Single Hop Nugget & Hibiscus Grapefruit Radler

image
I brought you an early peek at both of these beers back in April, and I remember making a mental note to buy both beers on their respective release dates.  Little did I know that they’d be bottled just days apart…and little did I know I’d be sampling them both tonight.  So bring on Flying Dog Brewhouse Rarities Hibiscus Grapefruit Radler and Single Hop Series Nugget.
image
I always love the Flying Dog Brewhouse Rarities releases, and when I heard that this new beer hitting the series was not only a Radler, but also one that contains my favorite beer fruit (grapefruit), I knew I was in for a treat.  Flying Dog Brehouse Rarities Hibiscus Grapefruit Radler is another idea coming from Flying Dog sales manager Nate and the beer uses Northern brewer hops, grapefruit, hibiscus as well as pilsner and wheat malts.  The color is beautiful and you cannot miss the grapefruit aromas up front.  This beer has a generous amount of grapefruit in the flavor category and I really liked the floral contribution (and balance) of hibiscus.  Hibiscus Grapefruit Radler has a really nice tartness and a dry easy-drinking finish.  At 4.2%-AbV, 10 IBU and with a very crushable combination of flavors, I think this will be a great beach beer and I can’t wait to enjoy one with sand between my toes.

 


image
Up next we jumped into the deep end of the pool and sampled Flying Dog Single Hops Series Nugget.  This imperial IPA uses rye, cara-pils and biscuit malts; and if you guessed it uses only Nugget hops, you’d be right.  This beer pours slightly darker than I expected and it is gorgeous (very pretty beer).  Nugget has loads of hops up front with a big herbal flavor in the middle and a spicy resinous finish.  Single Hop Nugget was well balanced and the dominant flavors change a bit with temperature.  You can’t miss the 8%-AbV, but the 70 IBU surprised me (I actually thought it felt and tasted higher).  This beer has to be one of my favorite single hop series beers and I can’t wait to try it again (yes I drank it that fast).

These beer will be available for a limited time only, so get out there and try them for yourself.  And when you do, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).