24 May 2016
From Night Shift:
This May, Night Shift Brewing (Everett, MA) closed a $3M loan with Eastern Bank, the country's oldest mutual bank & New England's largest. This partnership allows the brewery to significantly expand its production and overall operations in the coming year.
The loan will allow the brewery to make the following upgrades:
- 11 60bbl fermenters. In total, this will add over 10,000bbls of annual capacity to what's currently just under 10,000bbls annual capacity. This will bring overall annual capacity to 20,000bbls. Tanks will arrive in stages throughout the year.
- 1 120bbl brite tank
- Pak-Tech applicator, greatly increasing canning line efficiency
- Wide variety of lab equipment, allowing for a significantly enhanced QA/QC program
- Install a drive-in cooler for packaged beer
- Build a dedicated, temperature-controlled barrel storage room, capable of holding 400+ barrels
- Install a grain silo, increasing brewery efficiency
- Install a whirlpool vessel to the brewery's current two-vessel brewing system, allowing brewery to produce more beer in a given day
- Other construction projects around the brewery including building signage
Night Shift has already begun making many of the purchases listed above, and expects to have most upgrades live within several months. In 2016, the brewery plans to brew approximately 10,000bbls, and hopes to brew around 20,000bbls in 2017.