Fancy Fortune - Beer Flavored Fortune Cookies - A First Sampling

image
As a beer writer, I thought I had tasted everything you can make with beer.  Beer bread, beer soup, beer cheese, beer candy and even beer cheesecake…but Fancy Fortune Cookies has proven me wrong with their new  Beer Flavored Fortune Cookies.

I’ll admit I have a sweet tooth, and you all know how much I love craft beer, so this sampling was right up my alley.  First off, you have to realize that Fancy Fortune Cookies has some amazing Fortune Cookies…and these are not your grandmother’s fortune cookies.  I’m talking chocolate dipped, various colors, iced cookies, caramel covered, giant cookies, bling fortune cookies, sprinkles and even 25 different flavors…and of course they sent me Beer Flavored.

Coming to us from Indianapolis, Fancy Fortune Cookies is located across the street from Bier Brewery & Tap Room, so the idea of Beer Flavored Fortune Cookies is a perfect fit.  The Beer Flavored fortune cookies use Bier’s Weizenbock German Hefe as part of the batter and you’d be surprised how much of that beer does shine through in the cookies.  The cookies are crispy and have the classic shape of fortune cookies, but the flavor is distinct.  I picked up some subtle banana flavors from the Weizenbock and a little vanilla at the end.  All in all  a very nice cookie, and I can only imagine just how good they must be in caramel or chocolate dips.
image
The cookies have fun fortunes like “Keep calm and use the force,” and “There are some questions that can’t be answered by Google.”  And as if that’s not fun enough, you can even order cookies with custom personalized fortune cookie sayings.  Think how much fun these individually wrapped cookies with your personalized sayings would be at a beer party or even wedding.

Be sure to check out Fancy Fortune Cookies and of course you need to sample the Beer Flavored cookies and let me know what you think.

Thank you to everyone at Fancy Fortune Cookies for letting me try Beer Flavored fortune cookies.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).