Prism Brewing - Shady Blonde - A First Sampling

image
I knew when I found this care package from Prism Brewing waiting for at mybeerbuzz headquarters that I was in for a “Shady” experience…and I wasn’t disappointed when I found a Prism Shady Blonde in the new bottle packaging ready for sampling.

This “warm weather blonde” pours slightly hazy and the aroma is unmistakably orange.  There’s some malt and yeast in the nose, but this beer smells great…and that great is Blood Orange. 

I was impressed by how much this blonde ale leaned into the tart-zone, but in my mind (and on my palate) that’s perfect for a summer brew.  Yes this beer is loaded with citrus, and loaded with the blood orange flavor, and that combination makes it not only very drinkable, but very sessionable too.  I was surprised at how fresh this beer tasted and how much the blood orange jumps out, so when I found out that Prism uses fresh ONLY squeezed blood oranges, it all made sense.
image
Combine 2-row, flaked maize and wheat with freshly squeeze blood oranges and a little Summit and Cascade hops and you have the perfect summer refresher….Prism Brewing Shady Blonde.

This beer hits the shelves in Feb and it’s gone all too soon in July, so don’t delay.  Try this one for yourself and be  sure to let me know what you think.  The full release details are here!

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).