Shock Top - Honey Bourbon Cask Wheat

image
Our pal Gary was nice enough to send us a peek at an upcoming beer from Shock Top.  Tentatively slated for a March release, this is Shock Top Honey Bourbon Cask Wheat, and like the name indicates, it is brewed with honey and aged in bourbon cask barrels.  Stay tuned for more details.
.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

1 comments (click to read or post):

  1. I recently bought a 6 pack to share with a friend. I usually LOVE Shock Top (every one I have tried I have enjoyed and some I LOVE!). This Honey Bourbon Cask Wheat was a HUGE mistake. I am not sure what kind of honey they used but it tasted the way ferrets or skunks small. I could not finish one bottle. My two friends gagged theirs down and I was left with three unused bottles. I never waste beer but I simply cannot even get it near my nose. It is sad because I am a beer lover and mead lover (make my own with light fruity or delicate honey such as orange blossom or clover). The honey in this beer is vile. I could barely taste the Bourbon flavor or the beer over the taste of the honey. It was embarrassing to serve it to friends.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).