WILK Friday BeerBuzz 25 May 2012–Long Trail Belgian White & Brewmaster Series Double IPA w/Dave Hartmann

WILKFridayBerbuzz11It’s always exciting to welcome a new brewery on to the WILK Friday BeerBuzz.  We’ve had lots of guests and featured a lot of breweries, but it’s always really exciting to bring a well known brewery on to the show and show off some of their great beers.

Today we were lucky enough to get Long Trail Brewery to join us on the show.  While many people may be familiar with this great craft brewery, for some they are a brewery yet to be discovered.

Long Trail comes to us from Bridgewater Corners, VT and while many people know them for their famous Long Trail Pale Ale, they are also know for their brewing process and more importantly how environmentally friendly they are.  Winner of the Vermont Governors Environmental Excellence Award, Long Trail is one of the most “environmentally conscious” and efficient breweries we’ve featured.  From their conservation of ingredients & resources, to their re-use of brewing by-products, Long Trail is one of the best.  Spent Mash is used to feed cows, heat used during brewing is recovered & reused, water usage is 1/3 that or a normal brewery and Long Trail is twilkhe largest participant in Vermont’s Cow Power renewable energy Program.

But don’t think this is just about environmental friendliness…Long Trail brews some great beers.  We were excited to sample Long Trail’s Spring Seasonal Belgian White.  This is a perfect beer for Spring & Summer and a classic Belgian Witbier that is both sessionable, and also loaded with citrus & spicy flavors (including my favorite hop variety…Nugget.)

As if that wasn't enough, we also sampled the latest release from the Long Trail Brewmaster Series Double IPA..AND we sampled them BOTH with Head Brewer Dave Hartmann.  Dave clearly knows his stuff when it comes to brewing, and these beers are just two tasty examples of his work.  The Double IPAs was a big switch from our first beer of the day and this brew is big in flavor, big in IBU (86), big in body and even big in ABV (8.6%).  This is the fourth beer in the Long Trail Brewmaster Series (following Coffee Stout, Imperial Porter & Centennial Red) and the first one I’ve been able to try.  Be sure to try these two beers for yourself TONIGHT @ Krugel’s Georgetown Deli & Beer!

Thanks

to Dave Hartmann from Long Trail, Nancy, Joe & Bosco (AND a special thanks to Webster for joining us on his VACATION DAY!) for yet another fun Friday.

The Friday Beerbuzz…bringing good beers and good people together.

As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday Beerbuzz page by clicking HERE

.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

32 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Nice show and cheers to Dave!

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in Vermont and we always enjoyed Long Trail. Thank you for putting my former hometown brewery on the radio. Cheers to Dave & Long Trail!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be heading to Krugels tonight to sample the DIPA. Are both beers available?

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris...Yes...Joe Krugel tells me they will be sampling Long Trail Belgian White and Brewmaster Series DIPA tonight form 5-7 PM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The VERY first beer I tasted was Long Trail Ale. Thank you for the memories. I plan to pick some Long Trail Belgian White up for the holiday weekend. Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your show and I plan to hit Georgetown Deli to try this beer. I try every beer you feature and tonight is just too easy. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew Webster would be in for the beer buzz. I should have taken Joe's bet. Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice show. Dave was a great guest too. I love their beer. Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys do such great things for craft beer in NEPA with the radio show. I tune in every week and I have fun every time. My favorite show of the week! James

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll admit I had not heard of Long Trail. I'm new to beer. I do manage to try almost every beer your feature and I am heading to Krugels for lunch today to try it. Thank you like other people have said for showing us these great breweries. I love Vermont so this one is right up my alley. Karen (Dupont, PA)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheers & happy Memorial Day Buzzers! Dave was another great guest and I love the show. Of course I already love Long Trail Ale too. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is this a seasonal release (the Belgian White?)

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes Jake. Belgian White is their Summer Seasonal

    ReplyDelete
  14. Long Trail Pale Ale is a beer I buy all the time. I was really surprised to hear you guys have their master brewer on the radio today. I love their Blueberry Wheat too and we buy it all the time. Cheers Dave Hartmann... Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Long Trail beers are excellent. I think the new Brewmasters Series has been really good. I haven't had the DIPA yet but I'll be trying it @ Krugels. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another good beer choice. My wife & I get their Pale Ale all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm all over that Double IPA!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really liked the Pollinator from Long Trail. It's a nice beer and I thought it was great to hear the man that brews it. Carl

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a home brewer and I had a Long Trail Pale Ale recipe and it is not only my favorite beer to drink it's also my favorite to brew. I've visited the Long Trail brewery and I must have 10 T-Shirts from them. Thanks to WILK for featuring my favorite brewery. Cheers to Mr Hartmann too.

    Derek J (Moosic

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lunch at Krugels with Long Trail. Sounds like a Plan to me. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  21. Count me in. I'll be there around 1PM for lunch. JJ

    ReplyDelete
  22. Webster is my hero! Coming in on a vacation day to join the beer buzz. I love you guys man!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your beer-force is strong. You magnetically drew Webster into the studio on his day off. Nice!

    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you to Dave! That was a great show!

    Bo

    PS I'll be buying some Belgian White for my party Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Would Belgian White be a good party beer? Kim

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kim:

    Yes it would be a great choice for a summer party. It's light and easy drinking with a refreshing hint of orange peel and a low ABV so everyone can enjoy it all day.

    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just bought a six pack of Belgian White. Thanks for the recommendation Bill.

    Mark L (WB)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks everyone and a special thank you to Head brewer Dan Hartmann from Long Trail for joining us on the show today. We really enjoyed sampling two Long Trail beers with him and it was the perfect kickoff to the Memorial Day weekend. Enjoy some Long Trail this weekend with your families and friends, and as always please drink responsibly.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'll be at Krugels for lunch today too. I'll have on a Gray Troegs TShirt and I'll be enjoying a Long Trail. Come say hi. Jacob.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Count me in too. But I think I'll be later than 1PM. John

    ReplyDelete
  31. Excellent show and the beer choice as always was great. Long Trail makes excellent ales. Mark

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the beginning of the video...that's great. I remember all those guests too. Very nice.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).