WILK Friday BeerBuzz – 8 Oct 2010 (AleSmith Speedway Stout)

WILKFridayBerbuzz7 I’m a big fan of sweet and imperial stouts and after the last few weeks I think that’s pretty obvious.  My problem with stouts is I like BIG stouts.  Regular stouts are OK, but for me if you’re going to sample a dark beer, it needs to be big.  After we paired up a Chocolate Stout with Mother Beerbuzz’s cookies, I started thinking that we needed a counterpoint beer.  A beer to show how great a sweet stout the Rogue was but also showcase how good a dark chocolate imperial stout can be.

My choice was driven not only by the fact that AleSmith beers are JUST reaching NEPA, (this beer arrived only a few days ago)….but also by the fact that this is a great imperial stout.  I used to have to travel to San Diego to get AleSmith beers (see photo below), but thanks to Bella Vista distributors in Philly, Krugels and of course AleSmith, now you can get their beers locally…and they are well worth seeking out.AleSmithSPeedway

This beer is not only big in flavor with strong coffee, caramel and dark chocolate flavors, but really big in alcohol.  At 12% ABV this beer will kick your butt and take your name, so enjoy it carefully.   It also comes in a larger 750ml bottle, so be sure to share it with friends.

AlesmithSpeedway2 Another big beer and another fun show. 
Thanks
to John, Nancy, Joe & Bosco for yet another fun Friday. 

The Friday Beerbuzz…bringing good beers and good people together

As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday Beerbuzz page by clicking HERE
.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

19 comments (click to read or post):

  1. One of my favorite beers and another great choice. So who picks the beers??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to listen to you guys and I LOVE BEERCAMERA! Get the video up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AleSmith is the perfect name for a brewery that can make a beer as good as Speedway Stout. Truly "ale smiths!" High end ABV so make no plans that involve anything but relaxing with a glass or two because it will relax you without much effort. And it tastes GOOD!

    A great FBB including the return of BeerCam! Nice job as always Bill and thanks!
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great show as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone...BEER CAM is up and both video will be up on wilknewsradio.com soon.
    Bil

    PS We all pick the beers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On my way to Krugels @ Lunch before this sells out.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been a listener since May and as great as the show was back then, you're all obviously developing chemistry that make sthe show even better. I'm a craft beer lover for many years and I always seem to either pick up a great new beer or I actually learn something new. Looking forward to next week already.

    Ray T (Wilkes-Barre)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I asked for a stout and you did two, and they are two of my favorites. I lov ethe Friday BeerBuzz, especially Beercam.

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great beer. I lived in San Diego county for 3 years and this was always our goto stout.

    Al (Duryea)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for recommending Carbondale last week. My husband and I loved it and the Krantz beers were very good.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone...and Beer Cam says thank you too. We're really having a great time doing the Friday BeerBuzz AND watch for news of an upcoming appearance by the Friday BeerBuzz team at Krugels for Happy Hour AND come taste the beer we sampled on the radio too....STAY TUNED!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice beer choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jus check out the two show video's on wilknewsradio.com and they're both really funny. I always miss a few jokes and beer tidbits so I like being able to play them back again and again :}

    Beer Cam Rules and the vid there is really well cone. Thanks Friday BeerBuzz.

    Morey (C Summit)

    ReplyDelete
  14. 90 IBU is high for any beer especially a stout. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Anon...yes I'd agree 90 is high IBU for any beer, but this stout masks it well. Don't shy away from this beer if you're not a hop lover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't had this beer yet but you haven't let me down yet. On my way to Krugels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. FUN show. Be sure to take pictures if you do the big chair. Love the video.

    JJ

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).