WILK Friday BeerBuzz – 29 Oct 2010 (Bavarian Barbarian / Bullfrog Brewing Gothika)

WILKFridayBerbuzz12 Way back in July we welcomed Mike Hiller from Bavarian Barbarian Brewing into the studio as our first guest on the Friday BeerBuzz.  Mike was nice enough to bring some 2x2IPA to sample but also broke the news of a dark and sinister secret to our listeners.  Gothika…the evil demon spawn Bavarian Barbarian/Bullfrog Brewing co-brewed beer was in the barrels and fermenting as we spoke.  Bound by a solemn promise, Mike agreed to return to the studio with the evil master from Bullfrog to release Gothika into our meager sampling glasses….and today was that day.

Gothika There are “regular” beers, big beers and huge beers but Gothika is simply a beast.  This is an amazing and complex beer for sure and the dark heritage comes out in the flavor.  Lots of bourbon on the tongue and a really subtle smokey character and of course the boozy 9% mouth-feel that you’d expect.  Quite a combination of flavors and a really impressive co-brew from Mike & Terry.  I command you to get to WIlliamsport and sample this beer before Gothika comes looking for you.

FridayBeerBuzz29Oct2010Some have asked me to explain my costume from today’s show.  Let’s just say it was one part Goth, one part Slash from Guns ‘n Roses and one part Snooky from the Jersey Shore.  Be sure to check out the video and see for yourself.

Spooooooky!…
Thanks
to  Mike, Terry, John, Nancy, & Bosco for yet another fun Friday. 
The Friday Beerbuzz…bringing good beers and good people together
As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday Beerbuzz page by clicking HERE

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

39 comments (click to read or post):

  1. BEST SHOW YET by FAR! Mike Hiller AND Terry hawbaker, Two of my favorite brewers on the radio with GOTHIKA! Wow!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get both of these guys and one of the rarest beers around?! Great show and very funny. On my way to Krugel's NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stray TUNED! Beer Cam came out GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best show yet and I want to see the costuumes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thrilled to have Mike Hiller and Terry Hawbaker join us this morning and we thank them for taking the ride from Williamsport to be with us this morning!

    The video will be up soon if it's not already on www.wilknewsradio.com! Looking forward to seeing the Gothika BeerCam as well!!!

    Gothika is great. A beast? Right you are Bill! Nancy said she liked it better than every beer we've tried so far! It's available now until it's gone at Krugel's Georgetown Deli & Beer so don't wait too long on this if you want to try it!

    And remember, next Friday, 11/5, The Friday BeerBuzz LIVE at Krugel's starting at 5pm, hope you'll join us!

    Another great show Bill, thank you for making it happen!

    And to all, a Happy Halloween!

    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks John...a great show with great guests and of course Gothika was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great show buzzers! Heading to Spooky Krugels for spooky Gothika.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys and Nancy are great. See you at Krugel's next week.

    Steve R

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mega show guys. I need to get this beer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has to be one of the best shows so far. I know people say that every week, but this one was pure fun. Great guests (I miss Terry in NEPA)! These guys are doingg some amazing beers and I only wish they were in Wilkes-Barre. I had Gothika at Bullfrog last night and it is amazing. Congrats to Bavarian Bullfrog AND the Friday BeerBuzz team. A++ to all!

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A+ WILK Friday beerbuzz is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bullfrog is my favorite local brewery so I was excited to hear Terry on the air. Great job getting him up to WILK!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone. The Beer Cam video is up on mybeerbuzz.com and the show video will be up soon at wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spooky but GREAT! Rock on Beer Cam!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Be sure to check out John's eyes ;) and the demonic swirl as the beer hits the glass!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You guys look great. Lets see more of Nancy's costume!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terry is one of the best brewers we have. I really was interested to hear him talk about beer. I think the WILK show is really nice for our area and for our local beer lovers. Keep up the good work WILK.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very exciting show and I really like watching the beer cam. Who chooses the music??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Anon. I build the beer cam video and choos ethe music and Bosco chooses the show music.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How do I get a job like you guys have. Congratulations to Terry & Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We miss you Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This beer sounded so good I called my wife from work and begged her to get to Krugel's to get a growler for Halloween. Trick or Treat indeed!

    Barry Y

    ReplyDelete
  23. I liked WT Hacketts beers, really liked Black Rock Beers and Love Bullfrog Beers. Now I know why. Thanks for filling in the gaps Bill. I didn't know Terry brewed at all three. And I really like Mike's stuff too. Had his stout at a bar in Billtown and really liked it. Looking forward to more collaboration guys!

    Happy Halloween,
    Rodger

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing stuff. Both videos are fantastic, the costumes were wonderful (even though I may get nightmares from Webster's eyes) and I plan to get Gothika on my way home tonight. Nice show buzzers

    ReplyDelete
  25. John's eyes were freakish for sure. I think his spirit guide Henry may have suggested that eyeware. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I listen all week and I almost spit out my coffee when you brought up Spirit Guide Henry on the show. You guys are funny for sure. Show us pictures of Henry please!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Anon....we had a lot of fun with SG Henry but I'm not sure how well he photographs...keep an eye out on FaceBook to see if he appears.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You guys get better and better. I'll see you next week at Krugel's.

    Al

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm addicted. I've watched the show video twice and Beer Cam at least 4 times. Really funny stuff and really unique. I have no idea who thought of beer cam but it's genius.

    JJ (Dallas)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Another beer to track down. Gothika for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm new to craft beer and today was the first show I listened to. You guys really do a great job getting me excited about the beer. Gothika may be advanced for me but I'll definitely tune in next week. Do you take requests?

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks guys....

    JJ Beer-Cam was a beer-vention I came up with on vacation in Aug. It has exceeded my expectations for sure and yes even I watch the video multiple times.

    Adam...give Gothika a try. It's a big beer but it has a lot of great flavor and body. Glad to have you on board and please do listen in next week...and maybe even join us for a beer at Krugels.

    Don't forget:

    Nov 5th 5PM @ Krugel's Georgetown Deli & Beer (Rt 309 by the Big Cow in WB Twp)...Friday BeerBuzz LIVE. We'll sample TWO beers at 8:35AM on the radio show then meet you at Krugels at 5PM to hand out samples of those beers. Come say hi and talk beer with us.

    ReplyDelete
  33. See you all next Friday. Will there be photo ops with you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  34. The Beer buzz show gets better every week. I love it and it's now required viewing among all of my friends, classmates and patients. I do think you're making great choices in beer and you're really getting our local craft beer community excited. All good things for beer lovers in the valley. Now; when can we expect to see the Friday Beer buzz on TV?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you to everyone for listening and taking the time to comment. We absolutely LOVE doing the show and hopefully you can see how much fun we're having. Stay tuned for more fun AND more interesting beers and beer-related-info...tis our noble purpose. So far it's just video Anon, unless one of the big networks come knocking on our door ;) you never know....

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just finished watching the video form the show and beer cam. These are really fun. Beer Cam is incredible! Hell I'll buy the beer just because how fun it all looked. Happy Halloween buzzers.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just returned from Krugels and Gothika is amazing. Terry & Mike are to be complimented for an incredible beer. I smell year-round beer!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amazing show guys and the perfect beer for Halloween weekend. Rock on Terry & Mike.

    Jason G (Hawley)

    PS Now I have to drive to Krugel's before it's gone.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).