Chip the Beer Guy Rock 107 – Breaker Brewing Belsnickler

Breakerbelsnickler-v3 It’s always fun to hear Mark & Chris from Breaker Brewing Co on the show and today was no exception.  Today’s show featured the BBC Belsnickler Holiday Ale.  I was lucky enough to get to try a few of the various batches of Belsnickler at the brewery a few weeks ago, and again at the Split Rock beer festival, ok and I’ll admit I tasted it again at the Anthracite Cafe and even again last week at Elmer Sudds.  I know what you’re thinking but I assure you it was all in the name of science or journalism or both; but you can never be too sure about really liking a beer.  Of course I really like this one a lot.  I’ll admit to being a lover of holiday beers and a lover of Belgian-yeast beers, and a lover of Belgian candied sugar beers and sure enough Belsnickler has them all.

I thought it would be fun to google “Belsnickler” so I did.  Ironically enough the first page or so of hits came from breakerbrewing.com, mybeerbuzz.com and our various Twitter and Facebook accounts.  After that, there were some great Germanic and Canadian stories about groups of Belsnicklers, dressed in fur masks visiting homes, receiving treats and giving gifts to all the children.  In some German cultures, Belsnickler actually means Father Christmas or Santa Claus.  I also found out that there is a verb “Belsnickling” and as it turns out Belsnickling is much like our modern day trick-or-treating with children dressing up and receiving treats as they visited homes.  So in addition to the Belsnickler label (be sure to click on it and read the text), I also present for you some Belsnickler Masks and images.

So to all you little Belsnicklers out there, be sure to get out and try some Belsnickler Ale.  Otherwise the sinister santa ghost of christmas-past (and his whip) may come Belsnickling to your door.  If he does come knocking, be sure to have an extra snifter ready to enjoy some Breaker Brewing Belsnickler Ale.  I know there’s a bottle waiting in my basement just in case I get Belsnickled.  Cheers guys…great beer & great show.

image image
farmhouseBelschnickleCMYKlightened.jpg Belschnickle at National Christmas Center image by HerRoyalHighness

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).