mybeerbuzz.com – New Features

AmongUsMap I’ve been test-driving a few new features and so far I think they are keepers.  My overriding mission for mybeerbuzz.com is bringing great beers and great people together.  In that light, I’ve tried to add some features to support that effort.  We’ve recently added:

NEPA Beer Calendar:  This was announced earlier, but you’ll note we’ve tweaked it a little.  The calendar can be found on the right menu bar (scroll down), and it contains all of our local beer-events.  Feel free to e-Mail me contributions.

Retweet:  We’ve always had a “Share on Facebook” link at the bottom of every post to allow you to easily share the content of a mybeerbuzz.com post with your Facebook friends.  In that same light, I’ve just added a Retweet button to every post.  For current Twitter users, this button allows you to tweet the content of any mybeerbuzz.com post to all of your Twitter followers.

Chat with ME:  Under the “contact me” section in the right hand menu bar, I recently added a Chat link to allow you to directly chat with me on-line.  The button will indicate my availability, but keep in mind “available” only means I’m logged in and not necessarily sitting at the computer.  I’m still testing this one, but I think it’s a great tool to ask questions or even report a tap handle change.  e-Mail, Facebook & Twitter contact formats are available as well.

Among-us:  This is a little counter I added on the right hand menu bar to indicate how many users are currently reading mybeerbuzz.com at any given time.  It also allows you to see where the readers are coming from (see the map above) and some historical stats.  It’s a gadget for sure, but interesting to see who’s among us.

Printing alternatives:  Finally in an effort to keep mybeerbuzz.com “green.”  I’ve added some printing alternative buttons on the right hand menu bar.  These buttons will allow you to e-Mail mybeerbuzz.com content to yourself or friends (in standard or PDF format), and also allow you to download a PDF file of my page for sharing or future reference.  This will hopefully reduce the printing of mybeerbuzz.com and save some trees in the process.

I’m certainly open to suggestions as well so please feel free to suggest what you’d like to see on mybeerbuzz.com.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).