FTC Cracks Down on Bloggers

Wow check out the new rules from the Federal Trade Commission for bloggers….I guess I should say the old rules that they say they’re now going to actually enforce.  Guess it’s a good thing I DON’T REVIEW BEERS….oh yea and a good thing that nobody sends me free beer anyway.

Clicky HERE for a little light reading.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

2 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Sheesh! But good to know, nonetheless. Personally, I like to know when Cramer has an interest in say, XYZ Co. Is this any different? In any case, nobody gives me free beer (except certain other bloggers on occasion)--I have used disclaimers in the past but I'll make a point to include disclaimers ALWAYS. I'd hate to see someone or someplace fall prey to negative consequences over something innocently said. So should I go back and add a blanket disclaimer or individual disclaimers? It's not clear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taz...as you know I think all beer reviews are Bullsh*t...who cares what anyone else (me included) thinks about a beer....it's like debating who has the best pizza. Try it for yourself and drink what you like. WIth that said feel free to buy me a beer and I'll disclose it....I'll do the same for you too. I can see it now....Taz bought me a beer and I really enjoyed it, but be aware that Taz purchased it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).