Chip the Beer Guy Rock 107 – Cold Springs Honey Almond Weiss

WebsterCan I’ll start today’s post by saying something I rarely ever say.  Today’s beer of the day is not only a beer I’ve never tried, but a brewery I’ve never even heard of.  Who knew Minnesota had a brewery called Cold Springs, let alone a beer called Honey Almond Weiss.  Sounds interesting to me, but as a lager, I’m not really sure how this one would taste to my non-lager-liking taste buds.  In any case interesting choice guys.

Today’s show made me a little envious.  Not of the beer but of Chip’s upcoming trip to Munich for Oktoberfest.  One of these years, I’ll try it out for myself, but it certainly sounds like a lot of work, a lot of expense BUT a lot of fun.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the highlight of the show.  No I’m not talking about the Rock 107 small-town tour visiting beautiful Harvey’s Lake, I’m talking about Chip’s zinger of the day.  I’m pretty sure the rating of the show went from PG-13 to R when John said he’d take it “when” he can and Chip repeated that John takes it “in the can.”  It was hilarious guys and certainly a blush that I was able to hear over the radio.

Good stuff as always….Cheers and enjoy Oktoberfest.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

4 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Never heard of it? Brewery has been around since 1874! tsk tsk. In all fairness, it isnt usually distributed in these parts but fact is it is kind of like the Lion of Minnesota, with my own brewery being the older, more known Yuengling.

    Took their Gluek Bock to a camping trip a few years back and it was the surprise of the trip, everyone liked it, a bock in a can...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks August....I'll take my deserved tsk tsk....it's just one I've never crossed paths with...I'll be watching for it in our area...I suspec Joe has it up at Krugel's so I'll check that out also. No August Schell's I have heard of and I've actually tried your Snow Storm from last year...very nice beer. Are youa ssociated with the brewery??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am associated with it. I founded the brewery!

    My Schmaltz's alt is quite good as well... and Schmaltzy was quite the character.

    Glad you enjoyed the Snow storm, that's a relatively newbie that they came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you August. I never know if someone is using a name and is a fan of the brewery or is REALLY that person. Welcome and thanks for joining us. I like a good Alt so I'll watch for yours. Do your need get distributed in our area? The one I had was not consumed locally and I don;t think I've seen it here before. SO who was Schmaltzy?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).