mybeerbuzz – Where Am I? - Answer

A few of you managed to put the clues together ;)and figure out where I was…but here’s the answer anyway.  Weeping Radish Brewery, Jarvisburg, NC.  It was an interesting trip.  Word out there is that Weeping Radish (one of my favorite micros and one of the first east coast micros) is struggling.  I understand they have yet another new brewmaster who is getting up to speed, but we’ll see.  I was checking for information and I’m always discouraged and disappointed when e-Mail sent to them receives no response…always a bad indication.  Back in the day when Uli did their brewery tours out on Manteo Island it was a wonderful little place.  Weizen, Fest, Black Radish and their holiday offerings were supplemented by their Corolla Gold and OBX beers when they opened places in Nags Head’s Bermuda Triangle and Corolla’s Food Lion center.  Both are now gone, the brewery floor collapsed in Manteo and they were contract brewing out of Maryland for years before their Jarvisburg Organic Farm opened a few years ago.  Now they grow their own supplies, use the spent grains to feed the animals and sell everything from eggs, to beef, cheese and soap.  The original Manteo brewhouse & beer garden still exist today and are surviving from what I can tell, but the main operation lives out on Rt 168 off the Outer Banks.

As far as the beer they only had their Farm Ale Altbier and my favorite Black Radish dark lager in Quart Bottles!  They were running some taps, but very limited on beer choices.  Both beers were really good and I managed to bring a few back for a future tasting.  I’ll miss the days when we enjoyed a 2-litre mug of Black Radish in their outdoor gardens in Manteo, but I suspect they will return.  Cheers and I hope they get back on track.WeepingRadish1

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).